PPL Corporation Lead Experience Designer in Allentown, Pennsylvania
Lead Experience Designer
Leads projects, analyzes and solves complex problems, and recommends solutions in the below areas.
User Centric Design:
• Analyze the needs and behaviors of target users and understand business requirements for improving the experience
and adoption of new digital tools
• Conduct and synthesize user research, using design thinking methods, and clearly articulate insights to define customer-centered digital experiences
• Advocate on behalf of the customer throughout solution design and development
• Create user-centric interfaces and experiences utilizing information architecture, interaction design, usability, accessibility, human factors and relevant web and UI design standards
• Collaborate with business and technical leads to ensure products meet business requirements and technical constraints
• Ensure the user experience vision and design standards are met throughout technical implementation
• Regularly gather input and feedback from target users to validate and refine design solutions
• Contribute sound UX / UI concepts including definition of customer needs, task analysis, persona creation, user journeys, etc.
• Design principles may include responsive / adaptive design and consistent / intuitive end-to-end experience
• Develop user interface standards and guiding principles
• Conceptualize and champion user centered design within teams and the larger organization
Physical presence in the office/on-site to engage in face-to-face interaction and coordination of work among direct reports and co-workers.
May be assigned an Electric Utilities emergency and storm role. This is a special assignment that comes into play during storms and other emergencies when the company needs to restore power or respond to other issues affecting customer service. This role may necessitate the need to work after-hours, outside of your normal schedule.
The Lead Experience Designer analyzes and defines the needs of the target users (internal and external) and how they perform tasks to create a customer-centric technology solution and interface using latest emerging tools.
The Lead level is recognized as an expert in own area within the organization and works independently, under minimal guidance from supervisor. Progression to Lead level is limited on the basis of business requirement.
Candidates must meet the basic qualifications and pass all required tests or assessments to receive consideration.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility form upon hire.
Bachelor's degree and 7 years of related work experience OR 10 years of related work experience
Mastery of industry-standard design tools (Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, UX prototyping)
Strong relationship management skills, with ability to work on Agile, cross-functional teams
Experience working in a solution delivery environment
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Our company is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity and the strength it brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify, genetic information, disability status, or any other protected characteristic.
Regular or Temporary:
Experience supporting fast-changing business organizations
Proven ability to prioritize and execute tasks
Highly self-motivated and directed with attention to detail
Easily adapts to changing circumstances
Understands business goals and strategic priorities
Full-time or Part-time:
As one of the largest investor-owned companies in the U.S. utility sector, PPL Corporation delivers on its promises to customers, investors, employees and the communities we serve. Our utilities – Western Power Distribution, Louisville Gas and Electric and Kentucky Utilities, and PPL Electric Utilities – provide an outstanding service experience for our customers, consistently ranking among the best in the United States and the United Kingdom. PPL has grown from a company with customers and facilities in one region of Pennsylvania to a diverse energy company with more than 10 million customers in the U.S. and the U.K. PPL provides energy for millions of customers while providing challenging and rewarding careers for thousands of employees around the U.S. and abroad. Follow PPL Corporation on social mediaTwitter: @PPLCorporation (https://twitter.com/PPLCorporation)LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/company/ppl-corporation)Follow PPL Electric Utilities on social mediaTwitter: @PPLElectric (https://twitter.com/PPLElectric)Facebook (www.facebook.com/PPLElectric)
- PPL Corporation Jobs