PPL Corporation Associate/Intermediate/Senior IAM Analyst- Remote in Allentown, Pennsylvania
Associate/Intermediate/Senior IAM Analyst- Remote
• Support and implement business solutions that automates the administration of user access to business systems and applications.
• Support and implement role-based access program for all types of logical access.
• Develop test cases and deployment documentation.
• Deploy and support the Production environment and participate in an on-call rotation.
• Perform recurring system administration tasks and serve as the primary support for MicroFocus IDM, RSA Identity Lifecycle and Governance, and internally developed IAM systems to assure system stability, reliable business processes and positive end-user experience.
• Serve as an SME of the IAM support applications such IDM, RSA Identity Lifecycle and Governance, CyberArk, and multiple internally developed IAM applications.
• Provide troubleshooting of complex systems and application problems and issues.
• Provide support and design of privileged access management program, including analysis of account privileges and automated password change development. Support compliance processes for federal compliance programs, including NERC CIP, SOX, and FERC.
• Monitor systems performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed.
• Monitor service request queues and respond to requests.
• Build and maintain strong cross-functional relationships across the organization to help with expectation setting, training and awareness, and promote consistency and improvement in our processes
• Find opportunities to continuously improve the program through innovation with tangible value to the organization
• Be an inspiring leader in Information Security and align initiatives with business objectives of the company
• Track and understand emerging security practices and standards by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations
• Research information security standards; conducting security patching; identifying integration issues
• Maintain security by monitoring, ensuring compliance to standards, policies, and procedures; participating in incident response analyses; and conducting training programs
• Assist in resolving security problems through the appropriate choice of error detection and correction, process control and improvement, or process design strategies
• Integrate technical, managerial, and financial considerations when sponsoring solutions
• Assist in the proactive identification of potential network threats and cyber threats, and recommend preemptive remedial actions
• Monitor and track incidents related to network access, network intrusion, cyber security, and regulatory compliance
• Ensure that PPL EU systems and data management protocols adhere to regulatory requirements
Position is fully remote.
The IT Cybersecurity organization advances the overall state of security at PPL EU through critical initiatives and coordination of large security and customer-focused projects. The organization builds and procures technologies, tools, and processes to better enable teams at PPL EU to develop secure platforms and protect data and systems with appropriate security controls. IT Cybersecurity also develops systems to monitor and respond to attacks against our systems, provides awareness education to the corporation on security best practices, and ensures data sharing relationships with third parties securely protect PPL information. This role will be part of the IT Cybersecurity – IAM team, which focuses on building out and supporting the IAM program at PPL. This program is responsible for all user access provisioning and de-provisioning, role-based access (RBAC), and privileged access management (PAM).
Candidates must meet the basic qualifications and pass all required tests or assessments to receive consideration.In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility form upon hire.
The company reserves the right to determine if this position will be assigned to work on-site, remotely, or a combination of both. Assigned work location may change. In the case of remote work, physical presence in the office/on-site may be required to engage in face-to-face interaction and coordination of work among direct reports and co-workers.
This position is a safety-sensitive role. Upon acceptance of a conditional offer, all individuals in safety-sensitive roles are obligated report the use of any medication that may impair their ability to perform the job in a safe manner.
Bachelor's degree OR 4 years of related work experience (Associate Level Requirement).
Bachelor's degree and 2 years or related work experience OR 6 years of related work experience (Intermediate Level Requirement).
Bachelor's degree and 5 years of related work experience OR 8 years of related work experience (Senior Level Requirement).
Demonstrated understanding of IAM processes, Enterprise SSO, Federation, Privilege User Management, Authentication Methods, Entitlement Management, Delegated Administration, as well as the full scope of user account provisioning and lifecycle.
Understanding of the components necessary to implement and maintain a successful enterprise IAM program and a willingness to champion those requirements.
Understanding of NERC CIP compliance, NIST Cybersecurity Framework, and Sarbanes-Oxley Act
Proven ability to prioritize and execute tasks
Highly self-motivated and directed with attention to detail
Easily adapts to changing circumstances
Understands business goals and strategic priorities
A critical problem solver, detailed oriented, and highly motivated self-starter with a passion for constant learning & improvement
Able to communicate relevant information clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing
Able to work efficiently with minimal oversight/direction and collaborate effectively in cross functional projects
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Our company is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity and the strength it brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify, genetic information, disability status, or any other protected characteristic.
Regular or Temporary:
Experience building, owning, and executing an IAM program in IT, utilities, or other major area.
Experience with object-oriented languages, VB.NET, Java scripting.
Well versed in SQL and LDAP query logic for Oracle and Microsoft SQL database platforms.
Experience in database design, data modeling, stored database object development, PL/SQL scripting, UNIX/LINUX shell scripting, PowerShell scripting, and VB scripting.
Ability to install, modify and support hardware and software components of identity management (IDM) infrastructure. Experience in all elements of general system administration - Windows OS, UNIX/LINUX OS, SQL, Oracle, Microsoft AD, etc.
Experience with NIST, NERC CIP, and SOX requirements.
Able to discuss issues at technical and business levels with audiences of various backgrounds.
Have great people skills and able to flourish under pressure and ambiguity in a fast-paced team environment.
Related work experience building and supporting an IAM program as a technical resource and a process owner that champions the product vision for process improvements and supports the current process.
Full-time or Part-time:
As one of the largest investor-owned companies in the U.S. utility sector, PPL Corporation delivers on its promises to customers, investors, employees and the communities we serve. Our utilities - Western Power Distribution, Louisville Gas and Electric and Kentucky Utilities, and PPL Electric Utilities - provide an outstanding service experience for our customers, consistently ranking among the best in the United States and the United Kingdom. PPL has grown from a company with customers and facilities in one region of Pennsylvania to a diverse energy company with more than 10 million customers in the U.S. and the U.K. PPL provides energy for millions of customers while providing challenging and rewarding careers for thousands of employees around the U.S. and abroad.
Follow PPL Corporation on social media
Follow PPL Electric Utilities on social media
PPL Electric Stories
- PPL Corporation Jobs