Pacificorp Distribution System Engineer (Level l,ll,SR), Albany, OR #111225 in ALBANY, Oregon
Distribution System Engineer (Level l,ll,SR), Albany, OR #111225
Date: Dec 1, 2023
Location: ALBANY, OR, US, 97321
JOIN OUR TEAM
PacifiCorp is seeking customer-centric candidates to grow and sustain our commitment to a culture of customer service excellence, environmental sustainability and diversity, equity and inclusion.
Develops distribution system engineering studies, plans, specifications, calculations, evaluations, design documents, and performance assessments associated with the planning, design, licensing, construction, operation, and maintenance of the Company’s distribution facilities/systems.
Depending on position grade level engineer will work under supervision (Engineer I), with limited supervision (Engineer II) or independently (Senior) applying prescribed methods and standard electrical engineering practices while performing specific tasks within projects and assisting other engineering staff on more complex projects.
The responsibilities of the Engineer I :
• Analyze the distribution system design, programming, and modification.
• Develop distribution system engineering studies of limited scope and prepare data for cost estimations and analyses.
• Run equipment and performance tests and install and inspect new equipment.
• Conduct site inspections to ensure adherence to distribution system engineering standards.
In addition to Engineer I, the responsibilities of the Engineer II:
• Design, develop, modify, and evaluate distribution systems, process, or facilities to support Company objectives.
• Develop moderately complex distribution system electrical engineering studies, plans, specifications, calculations, evaluations, design documents, and performance assessments.
• Determine methods and techniques for obtaining results.
• Guide and direct associate level engineers, technicians, and drafters.
• Recommend alternative solutions to management on distribution system on engineering solutions to meet business needs.
• Deliver on commitments and manage outside engineering services to accomplish the assigned work.
• Analyze and design distribution system engineering methods.
In addition to Engineer I and II, the responsibilities of the Senior Engineer:
• Develop highly complex engineering studies, plans, specifications, calculations, evaluations, design documents, and performance assessments.
• Function as a lead/expert in the work group; train and mentor associate and career level engineers, technicians, and drafters.
• Recommend alternative engineering solutions to management to meet business needs.
• Maintain project timelines and budgets.
The requirements for the Engineer I are:
• Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from an accredited college/university.
• Basic knowledge and application of principles in area of electrical engineering.
• Knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
• Ability to interact favorably with project and work teams.
• Communication and interpersonal skills involving the ability to work cross-functionally to understand requirements, present alternatives, and recommendations.
• Proficient with the use of personal computers and automated tools.
• On-call participation for distribution system outage support
• Travel 25%
• Perform other duties as assigned.
In addition to Engineer I, the requirements for the Engineer II are:
• A minimum of two or more years of experience in industrial power systems or electric utility power distribution systems or related professional experience.
• Knowledge and application of principles in area of electrical engineering specialty.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills involving the ability to work cross-functionally with other stakeholders to understand requirements, present alternatives, and recommendations.
• Understanding of Company’s business, and relevant policies, procedures, and practices. Knowledge of applicable federal, state, local laws, regulations, and the National Electric Codes.
• Ability to perform effectively in high-pressure situations while maintaining focus and calmness.
• Ability to provide timely assessments with limited information and/or assumptions.
In addition to Engineer I and II, the requirements for the Senior Engineer are:
• A minimum of five or more years of experience in industrial power systems or electric utility power distribution systems or related professional experience.
• Demonstrated knowledge and application of principles in area of distribution system engineering.
• Project management and leadership skills including the ability to work as a team member, to maintain project timelines, budgets, and deliver on commitments.
• Assist regional business managers; explain service requirements for new loads; provide technical information and specifications to the public; conduct power quality investigation customer visitations.
• Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills involving the ability to work cross-functionally to understand requirements, present alternatives, and recommendations.
Preferences for the Engineer I:
• Engineering internship or other experience specific to electrical engineering discipline.
• Completion of internship with an electrical utility.
• Knowledge of distribution electrical systems.
In addition, the preferences for the Engineer II include:
• Engineering experience specific to industrial power systems or electric utility power systems.
• Knowledge of distribution system equipment.
• Knowledge of CYME modeling tool.
• Knowledge of Cadops/netCadops.
• Knowledge of an energy management system.
• Knowledge of PLS-CADD.
• Knowledge of AutoCAD
• Knowledge of power quality equipment and software
• Knowledge of ASPEN Oneliner
In addition, the preferences for the Senior Engineer include:
• PMP Certification or other Project Management Institute (PMI) recognized certification.
• P.E. license
• Master’s degree in electrical engineering from an accredited college/university.
Req Id: 111225
Company Code: Pacificorp
Primary Location: ALBANY
Department: Rocky Mountain Power
Personnel Subarea: Exempt
Hiring Range: $74,300-$115,500
This position is eligible for an annual discretionary performance incentive bonus of up to 15.00% of salary.
Benefits: Health care, retirement, paid time off, tuition assistance, paid short-term and long-term disability, paid bereavement leave. For more information, please visit: https://careers.pacificorp.com/content/New-Benefits-Page/?locale=en_US
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without an accommodation.
At PacifiCorp, we celebrate diversity, equity and inclusion. PacifiCorp is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status (except as required by law), gender (including gender identity and expression), sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran or military status, familial or parental status, marital status or any other category protected by applicable local, state or U.S. federal law.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screening.