Pike Corporation Engineer II- Consultant -Part-time in Addison, Texas
Position Summary: This is the second level of the Engineering classification. Provide engineering/technical expertise to solve more complex problems in a specific area of expertise, with some supervision. Incumbents are expected to develop advanced skills(or have some advance skills) and the ability to work independently.
LOCAL CANDIDATES PREFERRED
This position is Part-Time25 hours per week**
Under some direct supervision, in the area of expertise will provide:
• Engineering/technical expertise and guidance in the identification, analysis and resolution of problems
• Effective planning, organizing, estimating, scheduling and monitoring of work activities
• Thorough and accurate technical reports, correspondence, documentation, calculations and sketches
• Continuous improvement of job-related, engineering, technical and professional knowledge, skills and performance
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Accurate records and files
• Support of the company's goals and represents the company positively and professionally
*Graduate of a 4yr. ABET Accredited University engineering program
• 2 to 4 years experience as a practicing engineer
• Understanding of basic engineering theories and principles.
• Understanding of basic practices of researching engineering and design issues, evaluating alternatives, making sound recommendations and preparing and presenting recommendations
• Ability to deal with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
• Good written and oral communication skills.
Competencies: • Self-Motivated
• Work independently
• Customer Oriented
• Able to manage multiple tasks and provide leadership to other team members.
/• Received a passing grade on the Engineering Fundamentals Exam./
/• Understanding of basic principles of project management/
/ • Experience in the utility industry./
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as requested to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
UC Synergetic, LLC EEO/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled
Organization: *Pike Corporation, Inc.
Title: Engineer II- Consultant -Part-time
Requisition ID: 180001GO