WEC Energy Group IT Applications Analyst in Wisconsin
Job TitleIT Applications Analyst
Business UnitIT Services
CompanyWEC Business Services
External Job ResponsibilitiesThe IT Applications Analyst is responsible for implementing business critical systems related to Power Generation. The systems are primarily vendor purchased applications. This position requires filling a lead role in working with business clients to identify their needs and providing technical expertise in the evaluation of software solutions.
Production call out activities include troubleshooting applications, interacting with software vendors and responding to user requests. The ability to work independently on small/medium projects or as a team member on larger projects is required. Occasional travel to We Energies and WPS facilities is required. On-call support is required on a rotating basis.
This position is part of a job family, and experience will determine the salary level.
Education/Experience RequirementsCandidates must have completed a Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or a related discipline. Successful candidates should have:
• Ability to communicate effectively with clients, team members and vendors
• Strong analysis, decision making and problem solving abilities
• Organizing and planning skills necessary to work independently
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Strong technical IT skills that includes application architecture
• Project management experience preferred
• Experience with SQL and knowledge of relational databases preferred
• Experience in integrating vendor applications is desired
Strong commitments to customer focus, customer satisfaction, change management, and operational excellence are also highly important.