MDU Resources Group Estimator/Project Manager in Williston, North Dakota
To bid and support company established revenue goals by leading cost estimates in order to achieve lowest bid and highest price that the market will allow.
2-4 year degree preferred in construction management or engineering from an accredited college or equivalent
Minimum 2 years estimating experience (Strong technical and/or quantity surveying ability considered)
Ability to provide and maintain proper licensure, medical card and acceptable driving record.
How To Apply
If unable to apply online, mail completed application to: 5654 134th Ave NW, Williston, ND 58801 or 3303 Rock Island Place, Bismarck ND 58504
Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law.
Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background check.
Duties and Responsiblities
- Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of designated project to ensure goals or objectives of project are accomplished within prescribed time frame
- Perform complete review of contract documents for designated project estimates
- Develop and/or assist in pre-construction budgeting
- Initialize estimates within estimating software
- Develop and execute project specific bid strategy
- Delegate estimating tasks to various staff members
- Develop trade list and subcontractor solicitation list
- Perform and/or delegate quantity take-offs on various selected trade work
- Produce and gather from staff applicable questions regarding plans and specifications and send to owner for clarification
- Solicit material and subcontractor pricing
- Determine equipment needs and solicit pricing of the same
- Calculate labor estimates and determine self perform labor production
- Analyze material, equipment, and subcontractor quotes prior to bid
- Consistently deliver accurate and timely estimates
- Follow up with subcontractors and material suppliers post bid as necessary
- Prepare and send bid proposal for various private projects
- Attend and help coordinate corporate pre-construction (hand-off) meetings with project management, production, and estimating staff
- Assist as needed with initial project set-up with project manager, and interact with the execution team throughout the duration of the project
- Attend pre-bid meetings, post construction meetings, seminars and training programs as needed
- Assist in development and updating material and subcontractor database resources
- Develop and maintain effective communications with all customers and suppliers.
- Reviews status report and prepares project reports.
- Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
- Meet with customers and satisfy their needs
- Research jobs to be bid including reviewing Construction Bulletin
- Meet with subcontractors
- Prepare bid documents
- Monitor upcoming work
- Attend bid lettings
- Communicate effectively (verbal, listening, written). Self-motivated, team-player with good interpersonal skills; ability to maintain positive customer relations and act courteous/respectful of others.
- Troubleshoot and problem solve situations/problems (material quality, equipment operation/repair, etc.). Monitor and discuss production problems with co-workers and managers/supervisors.
- Ensure OSHA, EPA, DNR, safety and environmental regulation compliance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Company: Knife River - North Dakota Division
Location: Williston, ND
Hiring Manager: Bonni S Deede
Closing Date: 07/31/2017 at 11:59pm CDT
Job Type: Full-Time