Eversource Energy Senior Consultant, Organizational Development in Westwood, Massachusetts
Job Description Summary:
As a senior level individual contributor, this position partners with the Human Resources (HR) team and line management to align strategic employee development initiatives with business and drive continuous improvement. The position will plan, design, develop and deliver talent management initiatives, including those related to organizational design, leadership development, employee engagement, change management, and diversity and inclusion.Ensures that corporate-wide talent and organization development initiatives support the overall business strategy and plan.This position also translates high level, corporate strategies and goals into practical, grounded solutions that are relevant to the business and audience. Works with the HR team to understand business requirements and to customize or develop programs for local implementation, Works with HR Business Partners to build organizational bench strength and capability.Provides opportunities for managers to actively engage employees through talent planning initiatives and key developmental experiences. Ensures that business area talent development activities and practices are aligned with corporate philosophy and direction.Serves as the lead on the development and implementation plan for cross-functional, strategic projects that build an engaged workplace and performance culture as well as exceed customer expectations, drive efficiency and ensure cost effectiveness.Customizes or develops programs, as required, for local implementation.Stays abreast of current trends and best practices and shares information and insights with the HR team and the business.
- Designs and implements corporate wide talent management, organizational change and development initiatives and practices that support corporate business strategy and plan.
- Establishes ongoing processes and programs to ensure continuity of leadership talent across the organization (i.e., succession management, high potential talent development, leadership development).
- Designs, develops and delivers programs that build employee and organizational effectiveness including those related to employee engagement, leadership development, leadership alignment, performance management, change management and organization design.
- Partners with leaders, HRBP and HR senior leaders to determine build or buy decisions where necessary
- Engages and collaborates with third parties as needed
- Holds vendors, suppliers, and customers accountable for their commitments
- Works with partners in HR and in the business to demonstrate ROI of HR
- Collaborates with line management, HR teams and/or external consultants to identify business problems/opportunities and to assess related requirements for meeting organization and talent objectives and business performance improvement. Conducts analysis to diagnose performance needs. Prepares and presents recommendations and proposals to address gaps. Designs, develops and implements interventions. Creates evaluation tools to measure the impact of performance improvement/change initiatives and provides corporate reporting on results.
- Works collaboratively with internal and external consultants to support line management and HR business unit teams by identifying appropriate internal/external resources for the design, development, delivery and evaluation of business unit specific interventions (i.e., training programs, team building, etc.).
- Works collaboratively with line and other HR team members to identify corporate and business unit level opportunities to improve business results and create and deliver integrated HR solutions. Provides train-the-trainer/coaching to line management to build their ownership and ability to manage their human resources more effectively.
- Influencing high-level stakeholders without direct authority
- Actively participate in strategic discussions and planning with the appropriate senior leadership and HRBP
- Incorporates concepts of diversity and inclusion, employee engagement and the customer experience in the design and delivery of all initiatives.
- Implement initiatives that proactively drive workforce engagement to align with employment brand.
- Manages to key metrics to evaluate quality
Technical Knowledge/Skills: Requires in-depth knowledge of organization development theory, practices and process management tools. Also requires knowledge of change management theory and techniques, as well as principals, methods and procedures used in organizational problem solving. Ability to recognize change impacts and develop appropriate interventions. Strong written, oral communications, presentation, interactive and facilitation skills required. Ability to use PC desktop applications (e.g., Microsoft Word and Excel).
Education: Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Education, Psychology, related discipline or equivalent experience. Advanced degree preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 10 years internal/external consulting experience in multiple areas: organizational change, training and development, leadership and performance management. High-level management of complex projects that may involve multiple HR practices. Leading and managing change in the business and HR. One to three years’ experience in change management. Experience working at all levels of an organization, including senior management, and in devising and implementing integrated organizational change strategies.
Please submit a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Who we are:
Eversource Energy (NYSE:ES), a Fortune 500 and Standard & Poor’s 500 energy company based in Connecticut, Massachusetts and New Hampshire, operates New England’s largest energy delivery system. Eversource is committed to safety, reliability, environmental leadership and stewardship, and expanding energy options for its 3.7 million electric and natural gas customers. We are a company dedicated to our customers, communities and employees. We know that our success depends on the best efforts of our engaged team- diverse, talented and dedicated individuals who take pride in their work, know and exhibit the value of teamwork and collaboration, and support each other in working safely every day.