Eversource Energy Manager, Employee Benefits in Westwood, Massachusetts
Job Description Summary:
Role and Scope of Position:
Individual will have direct responsibility for developing cost-effective benefit strategies and programs in retirement, health and welfare areas that are aligned with business objectives and meet legal requirements for all employee levels. These strategies and programs will achieve a balance between being externally competitive, meeting employee needs, maintaining compliance with law and regulation, and managing internal cost constraints. Manage staff as well as new and existing vendor/outsourcing relationships. This position partners with HR Operations leadership to ensure robust communications and administration of corporate benefit plans and programs.
- Plan, implement, communicate, and maintain the various legal aspects of employee and retiree Health and Welfare, Wellness and Retirement programs
- Evaluate and compare existing company benefits with those of other employers by analyzing data, developing and/or participate in area and industry surveys. Analyze results to formulate recommendations.
- Implement new plans or changes to existing plans by preparing initial communication materials, required plan documents and summary plan descriptions. Work across HR to ensure systems are ready for enrollment and educate the HR Operations Team about upcoming changes.
- Lead the annual rate development process and ensure HR Operations Team has information needed to execute the annual open enrollment process
- Develop, track and manage budgets for active and retiree benefit plans
- Assist in the development of company bargaining proposals for employee benefits and analyze union benefit proposals.
- Assist in the development of testimony and support for rate cases and various regulatory agencies.
- Work across HR to develop benefits information and statistical data for actuaries, vendor partners and management.
- Prepare, with legal consultation, benefits documentation such as original and amended plan materials, and agreements with benefit vendor partners. Manage ongoing and new vendor and consultant relationships. Work with aforementioned to execute on plan changes.
- Ensure corporate benefit plans for employees and retirees are in compliance with federal and state laws including ERISA, IRS, DOL, HIPAA and ACA.
- Ensure the privacy of plan participants’ protected health information in compliance with the Health Insurance Portability Act (HIPAA).
Technical Knowledge/Skills: .Requires a strong background in benefit design and administration and knowledge of ERISA, DOL, IRS, HIPAA, ACA and state codes. Also requires strong communication and presentation skills and strong use of desktop applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, database management, project management and HRIS systems).
E ducation: Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources, related discipline or equivalent experience. Master’s degree, CEBS certification preferred
Experience: Ten years of experience required. Experience in finance/accounting preferred.
L icenses & Certifications: Certification in Benefits or Compensation Principles preferred.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Who we are:
Eversource Energy (NYSE:ES), a Fortune 500 and Standard & Poor’s 500 energy company based in Connecticut, Massachusetts and New Hampshire, operates New England’s largest energy delivery system. Eversource is committed to safety, reliability, environmental leadership and stewardship, and expanding energy options for its 3.7 million electric and natural gas customers. We are a company dedicated to our customers, communities and employees. We know that our success depends on the best efforts of our engaged team- diverse, talented and dedicated individuals who take pride in their work, know and exhibit the value of teamwork and collaboration, and support each other in working safely every day.