Eversource Energy Energy Efficiency Product Management Coop in Westwood, Massachusetts
Job Description Summary:
Duration: January - June 2018
Full Time: M- F, 40 hours p/week
This position will require a student who is technically inclined, while interested in learning and participating in the day to day aspects of the Energy Efficiency Group.
On a day to day basis, the coop worker will work with the Energy Efficiency Experts to identify, scope, develop & secure renewable technologies. The student may be involved in maintaining project schedules, working with Microsoft Access & Excel Spreadsheets, assist in the preparation of project meetings, email communications, and other yet to be defined responsibilities, including project meeting minutes and action items.
Scope of Work:
- Market analysis: identify trends relevant to commercial and industrial customers, collect firmographic information on customers and provide analysis on key segments
- Market segmentation and targeting: segment and sub-segment the market to identify relevant target groups for focused product development or marketing campaigns
- Technology analysis: keep abreast of emerging energy efficiency technologies. Identify key market segments that would benefit from the new technologies. Understand impact of changing technologies on current product offerings, pricing, and target market segments.
- Pricing: define the appropriate incentive level to meet the needs of the customer, NSTAR, and regulators
- Support MassSave programs
- Develop new products and programs to meet the needs of identified target market segments
- Work with Engineering, Sales, Marketing, and Program Management to define the bundle of services and offerings for targeted customer segments
- Identify channel partners based on targeted market segments and technologies.
- Monitor performance of channel partners regarding penetration in assigned areas and closing rates on new leads
- Provide targeted leads to channel partners based on selected target segments and technologies
Energy Efficiency Subject Matter Expert
- Create tailored presentations to trade associations and other groups for selected target market segments
- Understand the business needs of the targets and how energy efficiency can help the customers meet those needs
- Attend trade shows and other events to solicit the support of industry players in expanding the adoption of energy efficiency initiatives
In terms of specific computer skills, familiarities with all of the following are required:
Excellent administrative, communication and organizational skills are very important. The ability to solve problems analytically, be an independent thinker, and provide ideas and solutions are other skills that will be required. Knowledge of renewable technologies and experience in applying knowledge for residential purposes is helpful. Additionally, the candidate should be able to learn quickly and work enthusiastically in a fast-paced environment.
Interested students should be pursuing a degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Energy and Environmental Analysis
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Who we are:
Eversource Energy (NYSE:ES), a Fortune 500 and Standard & Poor’s 500 energy company based in Connecticut, Massachusetts and New Hampshire, operates New England’s largest energy delivery system. Eversource is committed to safety, reliability, environmental leadership and stewardship, and expanding energy options for its 3.7 million electric and natural gas customers. We are a company dedicated to our customers, communities and employees. We know that our success depends on the best efforts of our engaged team- diverse, talented and dedicated individuals who take pride in their work, know and exhibit the value of teamwork and collaboration, and support each other in working safely every day.