Tri-State Generation and Transmission Association, Inc. Web Designer/Developer or Senior Web Designer/Developer (IRC22687) in Westminster, Colorado
Responsible for enhancing internal and external communication initiatives with web development, content management and analytics for corporate web and digital properties. Includes working collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams to create and maintain professional and engaging website interface and provide strategic direction in building web applications from initial design through testing, documentation and implementation.
Senior Web Designer/Developer Salary Grade: NB19
Web Designer/Developer Salary Grade: NB17
Please note that there is only one vacancy. Applicants will be considered for the Web Designer/Developer or the Senior level of the position based on overall job qualifications.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES(Responsibilities listed below are for a Senior Web Designer/Developer. Responsibilities for a Web Designer/Developer are similar but may vary in overall responsibility, accountability and scope.)
- Work collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams to create and maintain professional and engaging website interface and online communications.
- Provide strategic direction for, and collaborate with, members of the user community, Business Systems Analysts and Information Technology (IT) Developers in order to build web applications from initial design through testing, documentation and implementation.
- Assist with monitoring, coordinating and administering web content for internal and external websites.
- Work in partnership with external communications on external website and other projects as needed.
- Maintain appearance and content of websites through the development and enforcement of content and display standards.
- Support association members on Drupal-based Co-op Web Builder CMS.
Responsible for ensuring creative and technical processes are employed - including, but not limited to:
- b. Designing interactive experiences
- c. Usability testing
- d. Working with user workflows, site maps and interface designs
- Stay current with website, intranet and data analytics industry standards and trends. Collaborate with copywriters, IT development team, graphic artists, project teams and user community members.
- Assist in the day-to-day operation of the intranet and serve on project teams tasked with intranet upgrades.
- Update existing applications to meet security and functionality standards through coordination with cyber security and IT to ensure systems are secure and best practices are applied.
- Support vision of the Creative Director through design of layouts and icons using Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator.
- Connect to external data sources and design dashboards and Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs) using trended data visualization techniques.
- Serve on the Audio/Visual (A/V) and digital team, in order to support corporate A/V technology, including, but not limited to, meeting/conference support and troubleshooting, and corporate video production.
- Adhere to and demonstrate compliance with appropriate electric utility industry regulatory requirements. Attain knowledge and remain knowledgeable of development in regulations, laws, standards and best practices applicable to the functional area including, but not limited to, Standards of Conduct, Environmental, Employment Law, NERC Reliability Standards and Safety. Must be familiar with, and comply with, all aspects of Corporate Policy C-54, Compliance.
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with Tri-State's culture embodied in the Cooperative principles and spirit and core values of technical competency, respect and dignity, accountability, integrity, trustworthiness, and servant leadership to empower or otherwise enable others to optimally perform their job responsibilities. Demonstrate and promote ethics and behaviors consistent with Tri-State's culture, Board policies, and business practices. Understand and fulfill the role and responsibility for all compliance programs within the company.
- Because Tri-State is an electric utility with continuous service obligations to its customers, regular, reliable, and predictable performance of the essential functions and responsibilities is an essential function of the job.
- Because Tri-State has an obligation to provide continuous, reliable electric service to its customers, the ability to work overtime at any time of the day or week is considered an essential function of the job.
SUCCESS FACTORS/JOB COMPETENCIES:__
- __ Ability to think ahead and plan future projects.
- Ability to conduct research and analysis on various topics for various forms of communication - including emerging internet technologies and programming languages.
- Project management skills and ability to meet deadlines and assist with establishing schedules and timelines.
- Possess desire for accountability and ownership of assigned work and projects
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at both strategic and functional levels.
- Self-starter, creative/idea-generator and proactive in taking complex content and making it inspirational, concise and eloquent.
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with company values.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills.
- Strong team player.
REQUIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Training
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design, Web Development or other related discipline or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability:
- Familiarity with third-party hosting environments/agreements for managing support of applications and infrastructure.
- Advanced knowledge of industry digital design standards.
- Advanced user of Drupal and WordPress templates and plugins.
- Working knowledge of connecting to various data external data sources such as SQL Server, OSISoft PI, etc. to query and display data in webpages.
- Experience working with Photoshop, InDesign and related software tools.
- Ability to conceptualize quickly and think creatively and strategically.
- Experience working with software developers as a front-end designer.
- Experience with content management systems, including SharePoint.
- Experience with website governance and content management.
- Experience monitoring the usability of sites using applicable analytics.
- Experience with mobile and responsive web development.
- Effective communication skills, including the ability to work collaboratively with a wide variety of people.
- Expertise in monitoring, identifying and effectively implementing digital user experience trends.
- Applicant must provide link to portfolio including personally developed digital products that illustrate and represent proof of ability.
- Experience working in a corporate business environment.
- Experience working for a cooperative utility, preferably electric.
- Experience requirements for Senior Web Designer/Developer: Three (3) years of professional experience in web development, production and user interface design.
- Experience requirements for Web Designer/Developer: Zero (0) to three (3) years of professional experience in web development, production and user interface design.
- Willingness to travel as required. (Must possess a valid driver's license.)
- Must be able to demonstrate that he/she can perform all of the essential functions of the position.
DESIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Expertise in graphic design
- Experience analyzing and interpreting data
- Office365 experience
- Experience with OWASP Secure Coding Practices
Job Title: Web Designer/Developer or Senior Web Designer/Developer (IRC22687)
Location: Westminster, CO, US
Base Location: HQ - Westminster, CO
Amount of Travel: Up to 10%
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran