Tri-State Generation and Transmission Association, Inc. Transmission Document Control and GIS Specialist II, III or Senior (IRC23105) in Westminster, Colorado
Responsible for reproduction, storage, management and maintenance of all Transmission Land Rights, Permitting and Environmental Planning documents, and electronic databases, and for coordinating with other departments to develop and maintain related spatial data.
Note: There is only one vacancy. Applicants will be considered for a level II, III or Senior position based on overall job qualifications.
Salary Grade: II - NB15; III - NB17; Senior - NB19
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:(Responsibilities listed below are for a Senior level position. Responsibilities for a level II, III or Senior are similar but may vary in overall responsibility, accountability and scope.)
- Process and maintain land and permitting documents for access through document management system.
- Responsible for the maintenance document management system and original permits, reports, studies, easements, deeds, licenses and other similar documents related to transmission lines and substations and related access.
- Perform database management functions, in coordination with Central Records for all land, permitting and environmental documents.
- Retrieve, reproduce and distribute documents as directed.
- Responsible for coordinating the transfer of land rights, permitting and environmental spatial data between Permitting and Land Rights, Surveying and GIS, and ensure timely and accurate mapping of new rights-of-way/permits and corresponding links to the Permitting and Land Rights database.
- Ensure that complete electronic copies of all land rights, permits and environmental documents exist in the database for all transmission assets.
- Draft general locations of existing land rights and permits in the GIS viewer based on the legal description or other location data in the document, and known facility location information.
- Coordinate with GIS to add graphic data for all permits and land rights in the GIS viewer, and to link the graphic data to the appropriate document in the database.
- Identify gaps in land rights and permits for existing transmission facilities and research public records to locate land rights and permitting documents.
- Coordinate mapping requirements between Permitting and Land Rights and GIS, and act as a backup for GIS personnel for project map production.
- Implement and recommend changes to relevant published procedures.
- Prepare reports and special projects, as required.
- Adhere to and demonstrate compliance with appropriate electric utility industry regulatory requirements. Attain knowledge and remain knowledgeable of development in regulations, laws, standards and best practices applicable to the functional area including, but not limited to, Standards of Conduct, Environmental, Employment Law, NERC Reliability Standards and Safety. Must be familiar with, and comply with, all aspects of Corporate Policy C-54, Compliance.
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with Tri-State's culture embodied in the Cooperative principles and spirit and core values of technical competency, respect and dignity, accountability, integrity, trustworthiness, and servant leadership to empower or otherwise enable others to optimally perform their job responsibilities. Demonstrate and promote ethics and behaviors consistent with Tri-State's culture, Board policies, and business practices. Understand and fulfill the role and responsibility for all compliance programs within the company.
- Because Tri-State is an electric utility with continuous service obligations to its customers, regular, reliable, and predictable performance of the essential functions and responsibilities is an essential function of the job.
- Because Tri-State has an obligation to provide continuous, reliable electric service to its customers, the ability to work overtime at any time of the day or week is considered an essential function of the job.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
SUCCESS FACTORS/JOB COMPETENCIES:
- Time management: ability to successfully plan and implement objectives within established timelines and work schedules.
- Technical ability to complete job functions.
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with company values.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong team player: accomplishes tasks by working with others and being a good team player. Recognizes how his/her decisions may impact others; seeks input from others.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal direction as a highly motivated self-starter.
REQUIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Education and Training:
- Bachelor's Degree in Surveying, Geosciences, Real Estate or related area or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability:
- Ability to read and interpret legal descriptions, and to generally reproduce a graphic representation of a narrative description.
- Ability to conduct database research using Tri-State programs as well as a variety of external programs.
- Familiar with ESRI ArcGIS technologies such as ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Server, and ArcSDE. Familiar with recent global map viewer technologies such as Google Earth.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, particularly with regulatory agencies.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a project team.
- Strong knowledge of the PC and corresponding business software, including word processing and spreadsheets.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships.
- Experience requirements for a Senior level: Eight (8) or more years of experience working with GIS, document management software, drafting or other related work experience.
- Experience requirements for a III level: Five (5) to eight (8) years of experience working with GIS, document management software, drafting or other related work experience.
- Experience requirements for a II level: Two and one half (2 1/2) to five (5) years of experience working with GIS, document management software, drafting or other related work experience.
- Willingness to travel up to 25 percent of the time on an annual basis.
- Possession of valid driver's license or ability to obtain.
- Must be able to demonstrate that he/she can perform all of the essential functions of the position.
DESIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- GPS and GIS experience
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this position, the incumbent is required to sit for long periods of time either at a desk or while driving. Occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, bend, reach above and below shoulder level up to 10 lbs. Incumbent is frequently required to use vehicle controls, talk and hear. Incumbent must have good vision, good color vision, good hearing, and ability to speak clearly.
- Mental demands: While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is required to read, write, perform basic math, analyze data and reports, exercise judgment, develop plans, procedures and goals, and present information to others and work under pressure. Independent judgment is required to make analytical and interpretive decisions; adapt guidelines to specific situations; and evaluate alternatives prior to making recommendations.
- Work Environment: While performing the duties of this position, the incumbent is exposed to a variety of environmental/weather elements due to driving at all times of the year. May also be exposed to dust and other elements while visiting work sites.
This job description is not all inclusive but rather serves as a general guideline of the current needs of the position and can be modified at the discretion of management to meet current business needs. Experience and education requirements are the primary basis for awarding this position, however substitutions that are essentially equivalent may be made as they relate to the essential functions, duties, and responsibilities of this position.
Job Title: Transmission Document Control and GIS Specialist II, III or Senior (IRC23105)
Location: Westminster, CO, US
Base Location: HQ - Westminster, CO
Amount of Travel: Up to 30%
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran