Tri-State Generation and Transmission Association, Inc. Telecommunications Network Operations Center (NOC) Technician IV OR Journey Level (IRC22587) in Westminster, Colorado
Responsible to the Telecom Network Operations Center (NOC) Supervisor for performance of preventive and corrective maintenance servicing of Telecommunications equipment and for network monitoring and coordination. Prepares and assigns work schedules in accordance with the Tri-State telecom maintenance program. Responsible for installation and maintenance of all telecommunication equipment associated with System Operations and Tri-State's Marketing Department.
NOTE: There is one position available, and the position will be staffed at either the Telecommunications NOC Technician IV (job grade T5) or Journey Level Telecommunications NOC Technician (T6). This decision will be based on the qualifications of the selected candidate and Tri-State business needs at the time of hire.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- When directed, prepare and assign work schedules in accordance with the Tri-State telecom maintenance program.
- Responsible for installation and maintenance of all telecommunication equipment associated with System Operations and Tri-State's Marketing Department
- Monitor the Telecom Network Management System for alarm conditions and report alarms to appropriate parties.
- Be responsible for operational equipment, test equipment, tools, and vehicles within an assigned area.
- As operating agent for joint projects, coordinate the scheduling of preventive and corrective maintenance activities with Tri-State, WAPA, and XCEL.
- Coordinate the scheduling of installation and maintenance of equipment on Tri-State Telecommunications system with field technicians and supervisors.
- Assist with the installation, preventive and corrective maintenance of, Tri-State Telecommunication Network Management System.
- Perform installation, preventive and corrective maintenance of camera and security systems
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance of equipment as required.
- Install, splice, and test, fiber optic and data network cable and equipment as required.
- Record and enter maintenance data into the computerized maintenance system.
- Administer and maintain the corporate telephone system to include adds, moves, and changes.
- Adhere to and demonstrate compliance with appropriate electric utility industry regulatory requirements. Attain knowledge and remain knowledgeable of development in regulations, laws, standards and best practices applicable to the functional area including, but not limited to, Standards of Conduct, Environmental, Employment Law, NERC Reliability Standards and Safety. Must be familiar with, and comply with, all aspects of Corporate Policy C-54, Compliance.
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with Tri-State's culture embodied in the Cooperative principles and spirit and core values of technical competency, respect and dignity, accountability, integrity, trustworthiness, and servant leadership to empower or otherwise enable others to optimally perform their job responsibilities. Demonstrate and promote ethics and behaviors consistent with Tri-State's culture, Board policies, and business practices. Understand and fulfill the role and responsibility for all compliance programs within the company.
- Because Tri-State is an electric utility with continuous service obligations to its customers, regular, reliable, and predictable performance of the essential functions and responsibilities is an essential function of the job.
- Because Tri-State has an obligation to provide continuous, reliable electric service to its customers, the ability to work overtime at any time of the day or week is considered an essential function of the job.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform other related duties as assigned
SUCCESS FACTORS/JOB COMPETENCIES:
- Planning: ability to think ahead and plan within timelines and resources; develop scopes, plan and schedule work; set priorities and goals; anticipate and adjust for problems; evaluate workloads; measure and evaluate performance against established goals.
- Time management: ability to successfully plan and implement objectives within established timelines and work schedules.
- Ability to analyze problems and develop effective solutions at both strategic and functional levels.
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with company values.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong team player: accomplishes tasks by working with others and being a good team player. Recognizes how his/her decisions may impact others; seeks input from others.
- Computer proficiency in operating a personal computer and standard business office applications including Microsoft Office suite, databases, and other related applications.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal direction as a highly motivated self-starter.
REQUIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Education/Training and Experience:
- Six (6) years of combined education and experience in the electronics field. This would consist of:
- The equivalent of technical training received in an Associate Degree program in Electronics Engineering Technology with advance studies in telecommunications, LAN/WAN theory, and fiber optics.
- Three (3) years of practical experience and/or be able to demonstrate knowledge in maintenance of telecommunication systems as follows:
- Two (2) years or the equivalent knowledge of fiber optic systems and microwave radio with associated multiplexers and channel banks
- One (1) years or the equivalent knowledge of date networks including TCPIP protocol
- One (1) year of practical experience in the operation of a network control center.
- Must be capable of satisfactorily interpreting electrical schematic diagrams, wiring diagrams and control logic.
The above requirements describe the experience and education qualifications for the Journey Level Telecom NOC Technician. The Telecom NOC Technician IV requires five years of combined education and experience in the electronics field.
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability:
- Electrical utility experience desirable.
- Knowledge of first aid and safety requirements peculiar to the electrical utility industry.
- Willingness to travel up to 25 percent of working time, including overnight travel.
- (Must possess a valid driver's license.)
- Willingness to work in or around high voltage peculiar to the electrical utility industry.
- Willingness to be on call on a 24-hour basis.
- Must reside within 1 hour of base location
- Must have satisfactory work record.
- Must be able to demonstrate that he or she can perform all of the essential functions of the position.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this position, the incumbent is required to stand and walk for long periods of time and occasionally stoop, bend, reach above and below shoulder level up to 50 lbs. Incumbent is frequently required to use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, talk and hear. Incumbent must have finger dexterity, good vision, good color vision, good hearing, and ability to speak clearly, and handle intricate work.
- Mental demands: While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is required to read, write, perform basic math, analyze data and reports, exercise judgment, develop plans, procedures and goals, and present information to others and work under pressure.
- Work Environment: While performing the duties of this position, the incumbent is exposed to dust and exposed to electrical risks, and works around large industrial operating equipment.
Job Title: Telecommunications Network Operations Center (NOC) Technician IV OR Journey Level (IRC22587)
Location: Westminster, CO, US
Base Location: HQ - Westminster, CO
Amount of Travel: Up to 20%
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran