Tri-State Generation and Transmission Association, Inc. Construction Field Representative (IRC22685) in Westminster, Colorado
Responsible for directing, coordinating and quality control of the contract construction of substation, telecommunication and transmission projects, including the verification of the performance of contractors and consultants.
Salary Grade: NB22
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for coordination, inspection and acceptance of all assigned contract construction contracts, ensuring compliance with all contract specifications, drawings and requirements.
- Conducts quality assurance testing on-site to verify compliance with specifications. May include documenting substation equipment testing, wiring verification and substation checkout.
- May hold electric system clearances and issue work permits to contractors, ensuring compliance with Standard Operating Procedures while contract personnel are on-site.
- Coordinates and documents owner furnished material on assigned projects.
- Develops and maintains construction schedules, progress reports and work history.
- Verifies acceptable work completed for contract progress payments.
- Conducts the final inspection and the close-out of all assigned projects, and ensures as-built drawings are completed.
- Directs the work of other construction support personnel and consultants assigned to the project.
- Performs pre-construction activities in the area of preliminary budget estimates, constructability reviews, and material take-offs construction specifications and bid units.
- Schedules and coordinates all necessary clearances as required for construction related activities and energization of new facilities.
- Transmission Projects Scope of Work - The focus of this area of responsibility involves the construction of transmission and telecommunication projects primarily including earth work, grading and water diversion of right of way to transmission and telecommunication facilities.
- Adhere to and demonstrate compliance with appropriate electric utility industry regulatory requirements. Attain knowledge and remain knowledgeable of development in regulations, laws, standards and best practices applicable to the functional area including, but not limited to, Standards of Conduct, Environmental, Employment Law, NERC Reliability Standards and Safety. Must be familiar with, and comply with, all aspects of Corporate Policy C-54, Compliance.
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with Tri-State's culture embodied in the Cooperative principles and spirit and core values of technical competency, respect and dignity, accountability, integrity, trustworthiness, and servant leadership to empower or otherwise enable others to optimally perform their job responsibilities. Demonstrate and promote ethics and behaviors consistent with Tri-State's culture, Board policies, and business practices. Understand and fulfill the role and responsibility for all compliance programs within the company.
- Because Tri-State is an electric utility with continuous service obligations to its customers, regular, reliable, and predictable performance of the essential functions and responsibilities is an essential function of the job.
- Because Tri-State has an obligation to provide continuous, reliable electric service to its customers, the ability to work overtime at any time of the day or week is considered an essential function of the job.
SUCCESS FACTORS/JOB COMPETENCIES:
- Planning: Ability to think ahead and plan upcoming initiatives including prioritizing workload, developing schedules and meeting deadlines.
- Time management: the ability to prioritize and schedule projects and meet deadlines.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at both strategic and functional levels.
- Computer proficiency: Ability to operate personal computer and associated software applications, maintenance management systems and other related systems and applications.
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with company values.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong team player: accomplishes tasks by working with others and being a good team player. Recognizes how his/her decisions may impact others; seeks input from others.
REQUIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Training
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related engineering discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability:
- Knowledge of electrical construction practices and quality testing of electrical systems in power substations.
- Extensive knowledge of safety policies and procedures, including National Electric Safety Code (NESC), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) guidelines.
- Knowledge of construction scheduling, documentation and administration and compliance of same.
- Must be able to obtain authorization to hold electric system clearances and issue work permits within six months.
- Working knowledge of government regulations and industry standards affecting electric utilities.
- Ability to work independently and direct the work of others.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with contractors, and regulator personnel.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written.
- Transmission Projects:Seven (7) years of progressive experience in construction management, inspection or power utility maintenance to include four (4) years of experience in construction, inspection or maintenance of electric utility related projects involving earthwork, grading and water diversion of right of way to transmission facilities or electric utility related projects.
- Willingness to travel, more than 60% of the time and must possess a valid driver's license.
- Must be able to demonstrate that he/she can perform all of the essential functions of the position.
DESIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience with high voltage switching preferred.
Job Title: Construction Field Representative (IRC22685)
Location: Westminster, CO, US
Base Location: HQ - Westminster, CO
Amount of Travel: Up to 75%
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran