Tri-State Generation and Transmission Association, Inc. Administrative Assistant (IRC22487) in Westminster, Colorado
Under direct supervision, this position provides administrative support for the corporate location. In addition to typing, filing and scheduling, performs duties such as record keeping, coordination of meetings and conferences, obtaining supplies, coordinating direct mailings, and working on special projects. Also, answers non-routine correspondence, coordinates travel arrangements for managers and employees, and assembles highly confidential and sensitive information. Deals with a diverse group of important external callers and visitors as well as internal contacts at all levels of the organization.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Type correspondence, memorandums and other documents in draft and final form from written and dictated material; copy and distribute documents. Compose correspondence for managers, and others', signature, as assigned.
- Receive telephone calls and visitors; schedule meetings and appointments. Coordinate arrangements for travel and lodging.
- Schedule and coordinate arrangements for meetings and assemble appropriate information.
- Prepare contract requisitions, maintain purchasing records to include purchasing cards: maintain office supplies and assist in the preparation of board meetings.
- Establish and maintain appropriate files, logs and records including confidential information as well as Receive, review, and route incoming mail and maintain and control petty cash fund, as required.
- Assist in coordinating work with other functional areas of the company as needed. Assist with the preparation and administration of the budget to include reviewing variance reports and assisting with analysis.
- Adhere to and demonstrate compliance with appropriate electric utility industry regulatory requirements. Attain knowledge and remain knowledgeable of development in regulations, laws, standards and best practices applicable to the functional area including, but not limited to, Standards of Conduct, Environmental, Employment Law, NERC Reliability Standards and Safety. Must be familiar with, and comply with, all aspects of Corporate Policy C-54, Compliance.
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with Tri-State's culture embodied in the Cooperative principles and spirit and core values of technical competency, respect and dignity, accountability, integrity, trustworthiness, and servant leadership to empower or otherwise enable others to optimally perform their job responsibilities. Demonstrate and promote ethics and behaviors consistent with Tri-State's culture, Board policies, and business practices. Understand and fulfill the role and responsibility for all compliance programs within the company.
- Because Tri-State is an electric utility with continuous service obligations to its customers, regular, reliable, and predictable performance of the essential functions and responsibilities is an essential function of the job.
- Because Tri-State has an obligation to provide continuous, reliable electric service to its customers, the ability to work overtime at any time of the day or week is considered an essential function of the job.
Perform other related duties as assigned
SUCCESS FACTORS/JOB COMPETENCIES:
- Planning and organizing: ability to think ahead and plan for a variety of contingencies. Sets priorities and allocates time and resources properly. Maintains awareness of relationships between activities and is able to coordinate numerous projects at any given time.
- Adaptability: works effectively during periods of high activity while seeking out and utilizing resources. Maintains effectiveness during procedural/organizational changes and when dealing with varying personality styles and tasks.
- Thoroughness: attention to accuracy and detail.
- Time management: ability to juggle multiple priorities and manage time efficiently.
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with company values.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong team player: accomplishes tasks by working with others and being a good team player. Recognizes how his/her decisions may impact others; seeks input from others.
REQUIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Education and Training:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- High School level competency in English and math, and extensive knowledge of spelling, punctuation and grammar.
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability:
- Proficient with personal computer usage including business office applications such as spread sheets, data bases, email, graphics and presentation applications, including MS Office suite of applications.
- Above average typing skills, including statistical typing.
- Extensive knowledge of administrative office procedures and filing systems.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to coordinate work with others.
- Six (6) years of progressive administrative support experience to include a minimum of four (4) years as a secretary and two (2) years of word processing experience, preferably in a corporate or business office environment.
- Requires considerable knowledge of the organization to identify and understand interrelationships between various procedures and controls between corporate functional areas.
- Willingness to travel on occasion for training, conferences and meetings as needed.
DESIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Additional business training or education, desired.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this position, the incumbent is required to sit for long periods of time and occasionally stand, walk, stoop, bend, reach above and below shoulder level and push/pull objects of varying weights, and lift up to twenty-five pounds. Incumbent is frequently required to use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, talk and hear.
- Mental demands: While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is required to read, write, perform basic math, analyze data and reports, exercise judgment, develop plans, procedures and goals, and present information to others and work under pressure.
- Work Environment: While performing the duties of this position, the incumbent is exposed to a moderate level of noise. All of the duties are performed indoors and at a desk, operating office equipment.
Job Title: Administrative Assistant (IRC22487)
Location: Westminster, CO, US
Base Location: Headquarters - Westminster, Colorado
Amount of Travel: Up to 10%
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran