Southern California Edison 2018 T&D - Integrated Innovation & Modernization Renewable Integration - Internship (Masters, PhD) in Westminster, California
Energy for What’s Ahead.
Are you looking to make a difference in your career? We’re working on smarter grids, cleaner energy and tools to help people manage energy more efficiently.
This position is part of Southern California Edison’s (SCE) University and Campus Relations Internship Program. The Summer Internship program is a 10-12 week paid opportunity to gain hands-on experience with meaningful work, while developing your skills, and building your network. The internship has an estimated start date of May/June 2018 and an estimated end date of August/September 2018. Summer interns may have the potential to carry on as Year-Round interns, working part-time throughout the school year. Decisions to work as a Year-Round intern will be based upon summer performance, business need, and the interest of the intern.
SCE offers these programs with the belief that learning and development are important parts of building future leaders. Interns will also have the opportunity to participate in intern mixers, executive speaker series, site tours, community volunteer events, and cross-company networking.
We're big believers that diversity leads to innovation, creativity, and collaboration.
Advanced Technology is a part of the Transmission & Distribution (T&D) organizational unit and monitors, identifies, tests, and evaluates technologies that support SCE’s efforts to maintain a safe, reliable, affordable, and secure electric grid while empowering the customer with more options and greater control to manage their energy use.
Opportunities are available in the following areas:
Power System Technology:
This position will be working with SCE engineers on one or more specific assignments in the Power System Technology group to support Electric Program Investment Charge (EPIC) projects for transmission voltage control system, blackstart and system restoration, cascading outage analysis, and hardware in-the-loop testing using RTDS for relay testing and controller evaluation, and perform other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
This position is located in Westminster.
· Must currently be pursuing a Master’s or Ph.D degree in Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Computer Engineering/Science at an accredited institution with a graduation date of December 2018 or later.
· Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.00/4.00 or higher.
· Demonstrated understanding of Electrical Engineering/circuits, Computing and Programming, and Electricity and Magnetism.
· Demonstrated knowledge of power system simulations (e.g. load flow, short circuit, and transient stability analysis etc.)
· Demonstrated understanding of power system analysis tools; e.g., PSSE, PowerWorld, PSLF, PSCAD, or others alike.
· Official transcripts will be verified during the interview process.
· Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
Southern California Edison, an Edison International (NYSE:EIX) company, serves a population of nearly 14 million via 5 million customer accounts in a 50,000-square-mile service area within Central, Coastal and Southern California. Join the utility leader that is safely delivering reliable, affordable electricity to our customers for over 125 years.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status
If you require special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment with Southern California Edison, please call Human Resources at (800) 500-4723, and choose option 3 for the Employee Information Center. Representatives are available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Pacific time, except Wednesdays when the center closes at 2:30 p.m., and holidays, or (800) 352-8580 (Telecommunications device for the hearing impaired - TTY
Title: 2018 T&D - Integrated Innovation & Modernization Renewable Integration - Internship (Masters, PhD)
Requisition ID: 70003255