NextEra Energy Manager Special Projects ISC in West Palm Beach, Florida
Manager Special Projects ISC
Date:Jun 14, 2017
Primary Location:West Palm Beach, FL, US, 33407
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 8664
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description as a manager? Here, you will enjoy a fun teamwork environment with opportunity to deal with normal and emergent needs for the NextEra Energy Enterprise with specific focus on our Integrated Supply Chain Business Plan and our nuclear fleet.
This position will focus on the management of production by creating, measuring and driving performance through metrics for our facility for specialized testing (commercial grade dedication, seismic testing, reverse engineering, and electronic/circuit card repair) of items for the NextEra Energy Enterprise including our nuclear fleet. Here you will use your management skills to ensure efficient flow through our facility and monitor metrics as feedback to ensure our team exceeds our business plan goals. You will ensure that production items are processed with efficiency and quality to procedures and policies that are in accordance with Federal, Nuclear Regulatory, and corporate requirements.
In this position, use your proficiency or ability to learn automated purchasing, materials and receiving management computer systems (familiarity and ability to use ABB/VENTYX Asset Suite/INDUS Passport is desired). In addition, attention to detail and a focus on continuous improvement are essential to this job. A Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Masters in Business Administration and direct experience in the project management is preferred.
This position is located at the Corporate Procurement Engineering and Dedication (CPED) facility in West Palm Beach, Florida.
We truly have the best team in the business. Apply today to be a part of it!!
Key responsibilities include:
- Manages and directs Material Analysts by balancing day to day direction for work priority in support of customer plant activities and strategic activities from the Technical Services Director
- Increases management's effectiveness by orienting, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating values, strategies, and objectives; assigning accountabilities; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; developing incentives; developing a climate for offering information and opinions; providing educational opportunities.
- Develops strategic plan by studying technological and financial opportunities; presenting assumptions; recommending objectives.
- Accomplishes subsidiary objectives by establishing plans, budgets, and results measurements; allocating resources; reviewing progress; making mid-course corrections.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Requires a working knowledge of the dedication of commercial grade items for use in nuclear safety related applications, Reverse Engineering and Circuit Card Repair processes
- Able to champion and maintain a robust commercial grade dedication, reverse engineering and circuit card repair programs and processes Job Overview Employees in this role oversee large and complex special projects. Individuals assemble project teams, assign individual responsibilities, develop project schedules, and determine and acquire resources as needed.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Understands the entire scope and requirements of project
- Serves as liaison between team members and functional area management requesting project
- Drives contract development with, and commercial negotiation on, large deals
Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications
High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor’s or Equivalent Experience
Experience: 8+ years Preferred Qualifications
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Purchasing/ Procurement Organization: Florida Power & Light Company (0001) Location: West Palm Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-888-845-9731 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
#LI-SC1 Nearest Major Market:Palm Beach Nearest Secondary Market:Miami Job Segment:Nuclear, Energy