Exelon Corporation Sr IT Control Analyst BSC in Washington, District Of Columbia
Business Services Company (BSC) position at PHI. Manage the implementation of FCG strategy, processes, and interactions to help Company receive positive assertions from management and attestation from the external auditor regarding the effectiveness of the internal control environment by:
• Completing the SOX program, ensuring that resources are appropriately allocated and aligned and within program budget.
• Assisting the Manager in leading FCG resources to ensure all program activities and deliverables are executed and documented (including but not limited to: scoping, walkthroughs, design and operational effectiveness testing, RCM creation, and deficiency evaluations) in accordance with Exelon auditing methodology/techniques and program calendar.
• Quality review FCG documentation in assigned areas in order to ensure that all documented work is supported with sufficient evidence and properly and logically filed electronically and safeguarded in order to serve as the official record for use by PCAOB or external auditors.
• Serving as the single point of contact for business unit, process, IT and external audit contacts relating to Sarbanes-Oxley compliance procedures set forth to monitor the company's internal control environment Support Manager in training Business Unit personnel in testing methodology, techniques, and documentation
• Leading the preparation and delivery of FCG updates and training to Business Unit personnel
• Managing relationships with the business in order to provide input and evaluation of internal control improvements
• Collaborating with other FCG personnel to ensure consistency and coverage of IT General Controls as well as IT Application Controls throughout the company
• Managing the performance of special reviews at the request of Director/Manager
Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline such as Computer Science, etc.
Five to eight years experience in an Accounting or Auditing position or related field
IT audit and/or IT experience including both public accounting and/or within industry
Demonstrated ability to communicate (written and verbal)
Demonstrated excellence and positive contribution in performing audit, accounting, and/or IT duties
Strong project management and organization skills a must
Professional accreditation, e.g. CFA, CPA , CIA, CISA, CFE
Knowledge of Internal Controls, COSO Framework, and Sarbanes-Oxley Act
Utility or regulated industry experience a plus
Pepco Holdings, an Exelon Company, is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of characteristics protected by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Never Miss an Update - Follow us on Twitter @PHICareers