Exelon Corporation Sr Analyst, Corporate Strategy in WASHINGTON, District Of Columbia
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
This job is responsible for analyzing key strategic issues facing the company and assisting in the development of strategic planning process.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Support multiple projects to analyze and resolve key strategic issues facing the company as either a team participant and/or individual contributor
• Conduct primary and secondary research on strategic issues and serve as project analyst for strategy initiatives
• Develop and maintain analytical models in support of strategy initiatives
• Conduct strategic analysis and synthesize findings on issues that will have a major impact on the company’s performance
• Support the development of discussion materials at the CEO, Board Strategy Retreat and Executive Committee level
- Support corporate strategic technical initiatives
• Develop, maintain, and communicate energy technology analysis including development, industry and market trends, forecasted market size and segments, value chain, customers, competitors, business models and strategies as it pertains to Exelon’s Sustainable Growth strategy.
• Lead evaluation of proposals for R&D projects and other technology initiatives
• Support business units by conducting analysis and performing research to aid in the strategic planning process, defining technology impacts, identifying and evaluating opportunities to invest in or incorporate new technologies, creating a value proposition, prioritizing technology portfolios, and other objectives to drive innovation, profitability, customer focus, competitive strategy, and growth as it relates to the strategy
• Develops data and analysis that can be translated into conclusions, implications, and recommendations for incorporation into the business portfolio
- Support effort to cascade the Vision down through the organization together with strategic business literacy issues
• Cascade the vision through the organization aligning and engaging employees
• Communicate key strategic issues by presenting at employee meetings across the company
- Survey external industry data and stay current on industry trends/developments of importance to Exelon
Minimum completion of a 4-yr degree with a relevant major field of study
Minimum 5 years of industry/related experience
Strong interpersonal skills and solid written and oral communication skills
Excellent analytical skills - demonstrated financial/quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
Ability to translate analysis into key messages and develop story line associated with project analysis
Ability to frame ambiguous issues and structure appropriate analysis
Demonstrated ability to apply strategic and critical thinking to problem solving
Ability to work productively with diverse teams
Ability to work independently to advance assignments and developing ability to drive efforts to completion
Undergraduate degree (masters or above preferred) in materials science, chemistry, electrical engineering, or other science or engineering discipline
Knowledge of energy industry
Experience with product development
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster
Job Strategic Planning
Organization: BSC Corporate Strategy
Title: Sr Analyst, Corporate Strategy
Requisition ID: 207462