National Grid Planner (Assoc/Snr/Lead) in Waltham, Massachusetts
_About the Position:_
Responsible for a wide range of key aspects important to department leadership, compliance and improvement through planning, facilitation, communications, project management and other task specific activities that impact and contribute to the success of all parts of Project Management and Complex Construction. Work closely and collaboratively with VP of function, department directors, and stakeholders across the business as appropriate to execute tasks and projects.
_Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):_
• Develop a detailed construction plan that involves planned outages, construction phases, construction steps, material, and equipment requirements, lay down areas, and overall time schedule with final ready for load dates that align with the project plan.
• Review of Project construction drawings and provide details or corrections as they apply from Engineering design standards and EOP’s.
• Translate business objectives into clearly defined work plans in order to support achievement of PM&CC goals
• In partnership with project managers, materials management, control centers, project estimators, and resource planners, monitor and control allocated human and material resources, maintaining financial and progress forecasting in order to ensure projects are delivered according to schedule and within budget.Ensure resource availability.
• Translate functional policy into processes and procedures that drive greater efficiencies for National Grid and ensure compliance with Safety, Health, and Environmental regulatory standards/ legislation/governance. Understand collective bargaining agreements that could impact work plan delivery.
• Challenge existing ways of working and continuously seek ways to do things better in order to drive greater efficiencies within assigned area.
• Develop work plans that are aligned with safety standards, policies and processes in order to ensure that the execution of the work plans will promote a safe working environment and minimize risk for all staff. Collaborate with other groups to ensure system reliability, safety, and efficiency is demonstrated during large scale projects.
• Review health and safety plans for each specific project, inclusive of Project Hazard Assessment (PHA) for high hazard work practices.
• Partner with legal and real estate groups for any challenges that are presented in project execution along rights of ways and company owned property where new or existing facilities could be developed.
• Lead business continuity plan process and promote the philosophy of safe team working and development across all activities in order to achieve business objectives and continuously improve performance.
• • Contribute as the liaison for PM&CC to the compliance reporting, risk management, and other official processes as requested.
• • Participate in Safety Leadership Day process, and other activities as requested.
• • Participate in Department Hub.
• • Contribute to conflict resolution with in project teams.
• • Other duties as assigned.
_Knowledge & Experience Required:_
__A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in an engineering or business disciplines and/or significant relevant project management, engineering and construction experience in utility construction and operations.
5 years experience with demonstrated ability to manage / integrate the project related work and ability to provide direction, the appropriate structure and effective resourcing to enable the team to deliver high performance.
In-depth knowledge and deep operational experience in the utility business and demonstrates deep understanding of the issues impacting the energy industry sector.
Strong demonstrated skills in the following areas:
o Written and oral communications, including developing and executing communications through various mediums including verbal presentations, emails, PowerPoint, conference calls, and other appropriate methods
o Organization and management of multiple tasks / priorities to deliver high results
o Foster a collaborative environment focused on achieving outcomes
o Build and design appropriate solutions / approaches based on customer needs to result in an optimal solution
Experience of managing relationships and project teams with PMCC employees, National Grid stakeholders, contractors and members of the public.
Displays commitment to safe and productive work environment through consistent actions, beliefs and personal conduct.
This position is one of National Grid’s career path roles which provide for promotional opportunities within and across salary bands as you develop and evolve in the position by gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills.
/National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team./
Job: *Proj Mgmt & Constr
Organization: *Proj Mgmt & Constr
Title: Planner (Assoc/Snr/Lead)
Requisition ID: 20171990