National Grid Analyst (Assoc., Sr.), Gas Resource Planning in Waltham, Massachusetts
_About the Position:_
Analyze, review, process, and signoff on Main construction work packages, both pre- and post-construction) to ensure their accuracy and compliance with Admin 7000 quality guidelines for compliance with regulations and National Grid work methods and procedures. Maintain & monitor construction databases for generating and delivering performance results for the monthly joint committee meetings, contractor operator qualification programs, and assist the Construction Program Manager and others in ensuring the success of the different programs, as well as other analysis that help support internal and external programs as well as regulatory requirements. This role will also design and implement procedures and policies within their area of work to improve the working culture of National Grid.
_Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):_
· Independently collate and analyze work unit and/or financial data within one or multiple areas using pre-determined tools, methods and formats in order to support the department's decision making process.
· Respond to internal and external customer requests regarding analysis and development of data.
· Serve as liaison between the different stakeholders and process owners related to Gas construction to foster an open and timely flow of communication.
· Execute instructions and requests, plan and organize resources and make appropriate arrangements to ensure that work is carried out efficiently and in line with relevant policies and processes.
· Maintain and provide information such as regulatory information in order to ensure regulators and other stakeholders are kept up to date with relevant National Grid policies, processes and programs.
· May assist in monitoring and reviewing financial information, updating where necessary in order to identify any anomalies or discrepancies and ensure management has access to up to date and accurate information to aid in the development of the monthly financial forecasts associated with Gas Mains and Services construction.
· Perform research on data discrepancies between estimated versus As-built construction results to ensure the accuracy of records while working with Mapping / Records Department to perform remediation.
· Build upon technical/professional skills within own area of specialism or of other processes in order to continually grow your personal contribution to the business.
· Develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders in order to obtain and share information that will benefit National Grid.
· Prepare various reports including but not limited to work packages sent to the field, by program, programs' performance reports for monthly Joint Committee meetings, contractor productivity, encroachment analysis, and construction best practice analysis.
· Monitor and review work undertaken by project team in order to provide feedback on the appropriate use of materials, tools, equipment or resources and adherence to schedules.
· Support Process and Performance Excellence initiatives to strive for and ensure continuous improvement.
_Knowledge & Experience Required:_
· A Bachelor's degree in a related area and up to 5 years of related experience, or equivalent work experience.
· In-depth experience of a field or multiple fields of work processes.
· Knowledge of relevant industry practice and legislation. Knowledge of current trends within the industry and developments in legislation or regulation.
· Ability to gain knowledge of National Grid's business operations, company policies and practices.
· Proficient in relevant software e.g. Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
· Experience and proficiency in relevant company related IT systems
· Able to analyze multiple sources of data and sees multiple relationships between those sources of data, identifying several likely causes or consequences of leak survey data or financial/project information.
· Sees patterns or trends in data or situations, notices when something is similar to a past situation, for example leak survey patterns or the cause of data discrepancies.
· Uses direct persuasion to influence others, using basic data, logic or a solid business case when responding to requests from customers.
· Takes personal responsibility for correcting problems promptly and undefensively and communicates customer expectations to monitor delivery and satisfaction.
· Monitors quality of others work, checks to ensure procedures are followed when data is submitted in surveys or reports and that it meets regulatory standards.
This position is one of National Grid’s career path roles which provide for promotional opportunities within and across salary bands as you develop and evolve in the position by gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills.
/National Grid is an equal opportunity employer thatvaluesa broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture ofinclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to bean affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team./
Job: *Maint & Construction
Organization: *Resource Planning
Title: Analyst (Assoc., Sr.), Gas Resource Planning
Requisition ID: 20171709