New Jersey Resources Staff Accountant II in Wall, New Jersey
We are now hiring
Staff Accountant II
Monday, August 21, 2017
Perform a variety of accounting responsibilities related to monthly financial closings as directed.
• Prepare monthly journal entries and lead financial close process for a variety of business units as directed by manager.
• Lead the preparation of quarterly and annual disclosures for inclusion in the 10-Q and 10-K.
• Prepare complex spreadsheet schedules to ensure balance reconciliation between data systems.
• Support financial and accounting managers in a variety of complex functions.
• Support manager in financial statement analysis process.
• Prepare monthly account reconciliations and analysis as required.
• Develop and manage effective business unit relationships.
• Maintain internal control/Sarbanes-Oxley compliance documentation.
• Provide support to external audit for quarterly and annual requests.
• Provide support for NJRCEV Fixed Asset process.
• Prepare annual reports for NJNG Charity, Inc. and CTP Foundation, Inc.
• Provide additional accounting support to enhance the business decision process as needed.
• Lead initiatives to proactively address problems, challenges and changes while presenting manager with viable, practical and creative suggestions and solutions.
Education and Experience
Bachelors of Science in Accounting/Finance, with four to six years of accounting experience and strong organizational and communication skills are required. Ability to take on additional responsibilities as needed, as well as work independently and manage priorities with minimal guidance. High degree of expertise with Microsoft Excel and query tools is required. CPA designation, knowledge and experience with JD Edwards and prior energy industry experience preferred.
New Jersey Resources is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
Wall Corporate Office, Farmingdale, New Jersey, United States of America