Arizona Public Service Regulatory Compliance Project Consultant in United States
Responsible for the design, development and implementation of assigned Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) projects. Interfaces with internal Account/Client Managers and external resources to ensure successful completion of projects in accordance with the agreed to scope and cost. Identifies project goals and scope and gains consensus on requirements definition, project steps and deliverables, estimated costs, budget, and resources. Oversees resolution of problems/issues, adherence to quality standards, change control procedures and release management to ensure smooth implementation of project. Provides performance assessment input for project team members.
Evaluate CIP impact to projects. Provide input on efficient implementation of projects to meet requirements associated with CIP standards. Research various project solutions implemented by industry entities to meet CIP requirements.
- BS degree in a technical field or Business Administration and 6+ years related project management experience or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Must possess working knowledge of project management principles and theories; problem analysis and resolution techniques.
- Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills, both oral and written communication skills, and human relations skills.
Major Accountabilities: 1) Coordinates and participates in the design, development and implementation of assigned regulatory compliance projects.
2) Consults with all levels of management, business units, internal Account/Client Managers, and internal/external resources to ensure successful completion of projects in accordance with the agreed to scope and cost. Negotiates resources, budget, and timing in order to meet business plan objectives.
3) Conducts, coordinates and participates in activities to analyze needs and identify project goals, scope and level of effort. Gains consensus on requirements definition, project steps, budget, resources, vendor evaluation, project deliverables, estimated costs, and schedule.
4) Develops project plan documentation, provides status reports, negotiates change orders and adjusts schedules as needed. May develop and conduct formal presentations for assigned projects. Monitors activities within the project team or impacted area/s to ensure project objectives, budget, quality standards and scheduling requirements are met.
5) Oversees resolution of problems/issues, adherence to quality standards, change control procedures and release management to ensure smooth implementation of project(s). Implements changes to improve team's effectiveness.
6) Serves as technical resource and coaches and mentors assigned staff for duration of project(s). Fosters cooperation and involvement of project team(s). Provides performance assessment input for project team members.
7) Develops required documentation, technical specifications, and training materials to ensure support of project objectives.
8) Participates in project evaluation to ensure project objectives were met. Participates in strategic resource planning and project scheduling for area of assignment. Assists in the assessment of available resources, technical skills needed, identified projects and timing, and possible issues resulting from scheduling conflicts.
9) Maintains a high awareness and understanding of industry and competitive trends, business and functional process improvement opportunities and technology trends.
This position may require access to and/or use of information subject to control under the Department of Energy's Part 810 Regulations (10 CFR Part 810), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) (15 CFR Parts 730 through 774), or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) (22 CFR Chapter I, Subchapter M Part 120) (collectively, "U.S. Export Control Laws"). Therefore, some positions may require applicants to be a U.S. person, which is defined as a U.S. Citizen, a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), a Political Asylee, or a Refugee under the U.S. Export Control Laws. All applicants will be required to confirm their U.S. person or non-US person status. All information collected in this regard will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws, and will be used in full compliance with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of national origin and other factors. For positions at Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Stations (PVNGS) all openings will require applicants to be a U.S. person.
Pinnacle West Capital Corporation and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Pinnacle West”) provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
Job Title: Regulatory Compliance Project Consultant
Job ID: 20170525
Full/Part Time: Full-Time