Arizona Public Service Rate & Regulatory Advisor in United States
Direct and prepare studies and analyses required for rate and regulatory purposes; provide management with technical and strategic evaluations of rate and tariff design, regulatory and industry restructuring issues, legislative initiatives and related policy recommendations. Direct and/or perform research and analyses necessary for the administration of rates, tariffs and adjustment clauses compliance with regulatory requirements and economic evaluations. Direct and train other analysts and specialists. Act in a lead capacity in performing required studies, analyses and/or other projects and assignments as required.
- BS/BA in business, economics, mathematics, or engineering or comparable experience in analytical methods, plus approximately eight years of directly related utility experience.
- An advanced degree in the above disciplines may substitute for two years experience.
- Advanced analytical capabilities.
- Broad and in-depth knowledge of utility operations, rate theory and economics, and regulatory principles and practices.
- Advanced proficiency on current personal computer spreadsheet, word processing, graphics and operating systems.
Preferred Special Skills, Knowledge or Qualifications: In-depth knowledge of APS rate policies, practices and tariffs, and state and federal regulations rules and practices
Major Accountabilities: 1) Initiate, plan, and ensure execution of complex rate studies, cost studies, tariffs, agreements ,and other analyses to meet regulatory requirements and other Company objectives.
2) Develop strategies to address rate/tariff and regulatory issues and implement those plans.
3) Direct, prepare and critique testimony, exhibits and discovery response.
4) Interpret rate policies, procedures and regulatory commission orders and proposed legislation and initiate the preparation and review of analyses and reports required to administer rates/tariffs and contracts, and studies and reports required by regulatory decisions, rules and procedures.
5) Initiate, perform on-going assessments of analytical and regulatory practices to identify areas for increased efficiency and quality improvements.
6) Demonstrate a high individual level of analytical and technical capabilities and expertise on current rate issues.
7) Establish and ensure completion of project schedules and goals for intra- and interdepartmental teams.
8) Effectively interface and resolve project issues with departmental staff, other departments, executive management, ACC, FERC and customers to meet project requirements.
9) Testify as an expert witness on rate, tariff and regulatory matters as required.
10) Train and direct other analysts and effectively deliver formal presentations on various rate regulatory issues to a widerange of audiences.
11) Participate, as Company representative in various forums, committees and working groups dealing with rate, tariff, pricing and regulatory issues.
This position may require access to and/or use of information subject to control under the Department of Energy's Part 810 Regulations (10 CFR Part 810), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) (15 CFR Parts 730 through 774), or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) (22 CFR Chapter I, Subchapter M Part 120) (collectively, "U.S. Export Control Laws"). Therefore, some positions may require applicants to be a U.S. person, which is defined as a U.S. Citizen, a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), a Political Asylee, or a Refugee under the U.S. Export Control Laws. All applicants will be required to confirm their U.S. person or non-US person status. All information collected in this regard will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws, and will be used in full compliance with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of national origin and other factors. For positions at Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Stations (PVNGS) all openings will require applicants to be a U.S. person.
Pinnacle West Capital Corporation and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Pinnacle West”) provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
Job Title: Rate & Regulatory Advisor
Job ID: 20170594
Full/Part Time: Full-Time