MasTec Advanced Technologies Operational Excellence Leader in United States
What do you envision for in the future? Our team is working to connect people to their environment through intelligent LED Lighting, IoT and Smart Cities technology implementations. We help Businesses and Cities create a future that starts with deploying innovative lighting solutions focused on reducing costs and builds to increasing access and connection to your environment outside your home and at work.
We are a unit of the MasTec Company (NYSE: MZ), and serve Commercial and Residential clients across North America. As a leader in infrastructure, MasTec brings together the best in people, process & technology to help the industries we serve deliver for their clients. Working with our organization will be rewarding, challenging, and most definitely not just another job.
MasTec is looking for a Commercial Operations Excellence Leader to join its emerging markets team. The Commercial Operations Excellence Leader will play a key role within the commercial team. This position will be responsible for developing and leading a commercial excellence strategy and building the operations management processes of a world class organization.
The Commercial Operations Excellence Leader position supports the VP of Operations in defining and executing critical initiatives to drive continuous improvement toward building best-in-class operations processes between our lighting partners, workforce network and our own commercial project teams. The role will focus on in house and partner installation work force effectiveness by driving operational discipline around four key metrics – Completion rate, Capacity, Efficiency & Quality - through aggressively delivering on the essential responsibilities of the position.
- Work with operations leaders, to identify and prioritize high value actions that can be implemented or improved using data-driven decisions
- Lead high priority initiatives across all functions
- Use a data-driven problem solving approach, develop insights and action plans to implement
- Measure, test and refine plans to ensure they achieve full potential
- Develop and execute a relevant and tailored Ops Playbook for the Audit and Installation teams that drives excellence across key client deliverables
- Drive and challenge business leaders on how they will successfully execute plans
- Identify opportunities to improve processes, cycle times, cost controls, partner alignment including identifying deliverables, measuring progress and achieving the intended results
- Lead multiple projects simultaneously tracking progress, resources, costs, and ROI
- Develop team members knowledge of processes and effective execution of plan
Work with internal and external business partners
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college or equivalent operations experience
- Minimum of seven (7) years leadership experience in operations required Required Knowledge/Skills/Attributes:
- Excellent analytical and communication abilities
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytic skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including ability to storyline and prepare executive-level discussion documents
- The ability to conceptualize problems and abstract the dynamics of an evolving business model, find opportunities and obtain necessary funding/approvals/support to deliver the improvements.
- Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
- Experience delivering on continuous improvement goals within a complex operating environment
- Prior Success developing and implementing strategies that deliver on the vision for the business; managing multiple initiatives simultaneously to desired operational and financial outcomes
- Experience with Financial P&L ownership and developing, implementing, and managing a diverse business model along with achieving margins, top line revenue growth, lower cost per unit at scale, increased market share, improved quality at scale on large scale programs/projects
- Proven ability to identify and define priorities and areas for continuous improvement in order to increase the overall performance of the operation Demonstrated program management skills leading high priority improvement programs that include: Root Cause Identification, Develop Action Plans, Achieve Alignment & Support, Deliver Results as Specified
- Demonstrated history of continuous improvement achievements in prior roles: reduced cycle time, quality improvements, utilization increases, reduced cost, margin improvements
- History of creating a partnership with the leaders to develop, analyze, and monitor KPI’s; experience coaching leaders (internal / external) in process improvement methodology in order to cultivate continuous improvement skills & capabilities throughout the operation
- Proven ability to problem solve through to solutions and to work both independently and across functions; lead cross-functional teams; successful across direct and indirect team oversight, consistently delivering on time & budget
- Ability to travel 35% of the time Preferred knowledge/Skills/Attributes:
- Candidates who currently hold or have held a similar COE role
- Black Belt, Green Belt or Lean experience based on Six Sigma methodology Eligibility Requirements:
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
Job: *Project/Program Management
Organization: *Commercial Services
Title: Operational Excellence Leader
Location: United States
Requisition ID: 17182