Arizona Public Service Market Segment Manager - Residential in United States
The Customer Insights Department at APS is searching for a Market Segment Manager (Residential)who will develop and implement the marketing strategy for the residential customer/market segment across functional departments and product lines. Provide oversight / direction / coordination for the market segment initiatives and projects across functional departments and product lines. Align market segment plans with APS overall market strategy.
BS in Marketing, Business or related field plus seven (7) years marketing or experience in specialty area such as marketing, pricing, research, finance, OR an advanced degree (MBA, MS) in similar field and six (6) years' experience. Established track record of success in translating customer needs/wants and company objectives through product and service marketing. Knowledge of market segmentation and how to develop segmentation schemes based on primary market research. Ability to understand basis for underlying costs and profitability by service option and market segment. Thorough knowledge of marketing functions. Knowledge of energy industry and business operations. Understand business and systems interfaces among products, services, promotions, delivery channels, pricing, and revenue. Effective communication and presentation skills essential (oral and written). Proficient human relationship skills including leading cross-functional project development activities. Previous program and/or project management/leadership experience, with proven track record of leading through influence rather than line authority.
1) Assess assigned customer/market segment. Refine market segmentation, identify and validate customer preferences, consolidate the marketing research objectives and requests for this market segment.
2) Define customer solutions. Responsible for working with cross-functional team of individuals to identify and develop product/technology/service solutions for this market. Bundle/package APS services and products to increase perceptible value to customers based on the identified / validated customer wants/needs/preferences for the market segment.
3) Identify delivery channels based on customer preferences and work with Corporate Communications on promotions and customer communications related products/services for market segment.
4) Develop and implement plans for assigned customer/market segment. Communicate segment needs and issues to relevant APS groups, such as officers, Customer Services, Energy Delivery, Pricing, Regulatory Renewable Energy, Corporate Communications, and Account Management. Place priority rankings on products/product lines and projects to emphasize alignment with assigned customer/market segment plans.
5) Identify and promote synergies across the organization in the areas of Market research, Customer services, Product selection, Pricing, Product & service bundling, Delivery channels Communications and Promotions.
6) Develop, test, and implement marketing mix, promotions and strategies to meet program and corporate objectives.
7) Regularly reassesses customer focus, strategies, products, and services to be sure that resources are focused in areas most profitable to the Company.
8) Regularly provides segment forecasts, considering latest trends and environmental influences on goals and strategies, to ensure that efforts to meet goals are as effective and efficient as possible.
This position may require access to and/or use of information subject to control under the Department of Energy's Part 810 Regulations (10 CFR Part 810), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) (15 CFR Parts 730 through 774), or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) (22 CFR Chapter I, Subchapter M Part 120) (collectively, "U.S. Export Control Laws"). Therefore, some positions may require applicants to be a U.S. person, which is defined as a U.S. Citizen, a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), a Political Asylee, or a Refugee under the U.S. Export Control Laws. All applicants will be required to confirm their U.S. person or non-US person status. All information collected in this regard will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws, and will be used in full compliance with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of national origin and other factors. For positions at Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Stations (PVNGS) all openings will require applicants to be a U.S. person.
Pinnacle West Capital Corporation and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Pinnacle West”) provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
Job Title: Market Segment Manager - Residential
Job ID: 20170615
Full/Part Time: Full-Time