Arizona Public Service Journeyman Lineman Instructor in United States
APS has an opportunity for a Technical and Safety Instructor for Transmission and Distribution Operations who will coordinate and deliver technical and safety training for electrical trades Journeymen Lineman, Apprentices and Technicians. Provides consultation and administers programs in accordance with department procedures and guidelines in order to ensure successful recruitment, selection and training as well as skill and performance assessment of apprentice and journeyman lineman candidates. Ensures personnel are trained in a safe and effective manner in accordance with business needs, site procedures, industry standards, and any applicable apprenticeship program standards.
Minimum Requirements High school degree/GED. Must have completed a three to four year Lineman or Electrician Registered Apprenticeship Program and have four (4) years' experience as a Journeyman Lineman or Journeyman Electrician. Some experience in training delivery is desirable. Working knowledge of Electric Utility and APS policies and procedures, Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) and safety regulations, construction specifications and standards, and system operating procedures; demonstrated interpersonal skills, organizational effectiveness, excellent written / oral communications and leadership skills. Working knowledge of the IBEW union contract and the Accident Prevention Manual (APM). Proficiency in PC software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint is desirable. Must possess a valid Class A Commercial Driver's License with a manual transmission endorsement prior to recieving an offer.
- Coordinate and deliver technical and safety training for electrical trades Journeymen, Apprentices and Technicians in accordance with appropriate regulations and standards.
- Oversee and provide leadership to supervise training participants, in accordance with company policies.
- May conduct training classes such as CPR, First Aid, Blood borne Pathogens, Fall Protection in a manner in accordance with OSHA and Company safety standards.
- May assist Leader with Apprentice rotation entrance/exit interviews and field visits to ensure training effectiveness.
- Conduct evaluation and mediation (when required) of student performance.
- Promote training/line partnership by developing professional rapport with all levels of employees and leaders.
- Assist in the development of technical training courses. Reviews developed materials for technical accuracy and adherence to federal and company standards.
- Supports activities of other departmental teams and external customers to ensure overall team success.
- Supervises training participants, in accordance with company policies.
- Maintain instructor qualifications and technical proficiency in the assigned discipline as required.
- Provide support in the evaluation of training materials and training effectiveness including action plans to correct any deficiencies.
- Monitor appropriateness and effectiveness of training materials and ensures continued accreditation of training programs and registered apprenticeship programs through ongoing assessment and evaluation.
This position may require access to and/or use of information subject to control under the Department of Energy's Part 810 Regulations (10 CFR Part 810), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) (15 CFR Parts 730 through 774), or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) (22 CFR Chapter I, Subchapter M Part 120) (collectively, "U.S. Export Control Laws"). Therefore, some positions may require applicants to be a U.S. person, which is defined as a U.S. Citizen, a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), a Political Asylee, or a Refugee under the U.S. Export Control Laws. All applicants will be required to confirm their U.S. person or non-US person status. All information collected in this regard will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws, and will be used in full compliance with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of national origin and other factors. For positions at Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Stations (PVNGS) all openings will require applicants to be a U.S. person.
Pinnacle West Capital Corporation and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Pinnacle West”) provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
Job Title: Journeyman Lineman Instructor
Job ID: 20170595
Full/Part Time: Full-Time