Arizona Public Service IT Sys Analyst/Integrator II in United States
SUMMARY: Responsible for planning and performing requirements and feasibility analysis, project definition, design, development and implementation of new information technology (IT) systems and modifications to existing IT systems. Resolve complex business technology issues with broad organizational impact. Develop and recommend IT solutions that maximize operational efficiency and effectiveness. Participate on projects of varying scopes including planning, scheduling, and execution. Collaborate with IT staff, assigned clients, and vendors to deliver effective IT business solutions and ensure project objectives are clearly understood, communicated, and successfully achieved. Provide preventative and predictive maintenance, modification, and replacement of existing systems. Participate in all levels of system testing. Provide procedural, technical and/or developmental mentoring to less experienced staff. Primary area of focus is Linux/AIX infrastructure engineering in support of Real Time Systems.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, business or related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience. An additional four (4) years progressively responsible experience demonstrating knowledge of application systems, development and integration services. Broad understanding of business applications and some of the business functions and operations, or thorough understanding of technical area assigned. Excellent technical and analytical skills. Demonstrated ability to effectively apply problem analysis/resolution techniques and knowledge of systems design. Demonstrated proficiency in the application of information systems methodologies, information systems guidelines and architectures, information systems technologies, scripting and Linux/AIX operating systems. Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws, regulations, and standards impacting business client areas. Experience participating in projects and identifying and resolving issues is preferred. Demonstrated effective communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills. Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
MAJOR ACCOUNTABILITIES: 1) Responsible for planning and performing requirements and feasibility analysis, project definition, design, development and implementation of new or innovative information technology (IT) systems and modifications to existing IT systems to optimize business processes.
2) Ensure successful integration and compatibility of new and existing information systems by utilizing and applying APS Services Oriented Architecture standards.
3) Resolve complex business technology issues with broad organizational impact. Develop and recommend IT solutions that maximize operational efficiency and effectiveness. Follow up with resolution of issues to ensure timely response and customer satisfaction.
4) Participate as project member on IT projects including estimating resources and tasks and providing project updates to project leads, IT stakeholders, or client management. May act as an IT and/or business client subject matter expert in some areas of project management process.
5) Collaborate directly with assigned business unit clients to develop broad knowledge and understanding of client business environment, priorities, and processes. Maintain awareness of changing business environment and identify technology opportunities to support potential changes in priorities or processes.
6) Interface with IT Business Partner, clients, and vendors to ensure project objectives are clearly understood, communicated, and successfully achieved.
7) Provide preventative and predictive maintenance services of existing systems (systems enhancements, preventative and corrective maintenance, query support and general customer support). Recommend maintenance, modification and/or replacement of existing IT system components as needed to ensure overall IT service reliability and performance targets are met or exceeded.
8) Participate in developing, validating, and execution of all levels of testing. Provide procedural, technical and/or developmental mentoring to less experienced staff.
This position may require access to and/or use of information subject to control under the Department of Energy's Part 810 Regulations (10 CFR Part 810), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) (15 CFR Parts 730 through 774), or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) (22 CFR Chapter I, Subchapter M Part 120) (collectively, "U.S. Export Control Laws"). Therefore, some positions may require applicants to be a U.S. person, which is defined as a U.S. Citizen, a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), a Political Asylee, or a Refugee under the U.S. Export Control Laws. All applicants will be required to confirm their U.S. person or non-US person status. All information collected in this regard will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws, and will be used in full compliance with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of national origin and other factors. For positions at Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Stations (PVNGS) all openings will require applicants to be a U.S. person.
Pinnacle West Capital Corporation and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Pinnacle West”) provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
Job Title: IT Sys Analyst/Integrator II
Job ID: 20170511