Arizona Public Service Engineer III/Senior - Intelligent Grid Operations (IGO) in United States
The Intelligent Grid Operations team is seeking an Engineer to lead the expansion planning initiatives for the AMI systems including geographical planning, trade off analyses between various systems and technologies. In this role the individual will work with MTO, Customer Technologies and Technology Innovation teams to expand the coverage of the systems to provide maximum benefit to the company from the installed assets.
Independently provide technical engineering, design, economic and analytical support to participate in the development of long-range system plans and conducting of engineering RFP's, proposals and presentations. Perform professional engineering/marketing tasks, requiring skills and experience gained through application of engineering methods and analysis. Requires some supervision or guidance. Has increasing responsibility for technical decisions and interpretations. Provide limited technical guidance and leadership to others as needed. Ensure reliability and safe operations and propose economical solutions to be budgeted. Subject to shift work.
Requires BS degree in Engineering or Professional Engineer designation plus five (5) years working experience or 9 years equivalent combination of education and experience
Requires BS degree in Engineering or Professional Engineer designation plus eight (8) years working experience or 12 years equivalent combination of education and experience
Must possess comprehensive knowledge of energy analysis, engineering applications, business, and finance, working knowledge of applicable codes, standards, practices, and methods in the area of individual’s discipline. EIT and Certified Energy Managers certificate preferred. Must have good understanding of construction, operating and engineering practices; safety rules; company policies and union agreements.
- Ensure engineering design, project control, schedule commitments, or oversight work is technically sound, cost effective, and in compliance with established standards, codes, and regulations and adequate reliability will be maintained in future years.
- Enhance department performance and productivity and / or unit performance by formulating, coordinating and performing heat rate testing and then recommending improvements.
- Independently performs moderately complex engineering analyses, distribution planning and establishes baseline performance data on new and existing equipment.
- Maintain knowledge of integrated electrical systems, political climate, economic situation and technical trends and developments among customers & utilities in company marketing area. Using engineering and technical skills, develop inter utility agreements which dictate and define the operation of company electrical system. Maintain control of capital and O&M; project costs within authorized budgets and assist in their timely implementation or installation. Maintain accurate and complete fuel and purchase power cost and usage information for official budgeting purposes and rate design work by performing detailed system simulation. Maintain the highest level of employee and public safety while adhering to Labor Agreement and Accident Prevention Manual.
- Assist in the development of the optimum schedule for future transmission additions by balancing technical, economics, environmental, reliability, regulatory and other factors. Assist Customer Account Reps in the sales process by assessing customer technology applications to achieve common goals. Assist in legal, licensing and other reporting requirements relating to future resource additions.
- Provide consulting services to advise/assistance internal and external customers on end use technologies, effective field support, leadership, training, support & technical assistance.
- Prepares technical reviews, analyses, investigations, verifications and designs. Prepares, presents and sells study results both in writing and orally to management, customers, and/or trade allies in a clear, concise and professional manner.
- Develop and implement strategies and concepts to ensure profitable that meet or exceed revenue goals and objectives in a highly competitive marketplace. Develop computer models of boilers, turbine cycles, etc., to evaluate performance and report the economic impact of equipment or unit performance. Develop and prepare profit center analyses for potential municipal takeovers. Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with customers/utilities in our marketing area and be the customers'/utilities first point of contact and main resource for all dealings with company.
- Analyze, prepare, negotiate and administer contracts for wholesale sales, joint participation, purchase and sale of resources/facilities/electric systems and others, all of which fall outside company established guidelines and procedures. Analyze and recommend pricing concepts which enhance company's' competitiveness and provide for better utilization of generation resources while maximizing revenues. Analyze equipment vibration problems and recommend corrective actions.
- Participate in professional associations, governmental and private agencies and educational organizations to leverage their activities and network with trade allies.
This position may require access to and/or use of information subject to control under the Department of Energy's Part 810 Regulations (10 CFR Part 810), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) (15 CFR Parts 730 through 774), or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) (22 CFR Chapter I, Subchapter M Part 120) (collectively, "U.S. Export Control Laws"). Therefore, some positions may require applicants to be a U.S. person, which is defined as a U.S. Citizen, a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), a Political Asylee, or a Refugee under the U.S. Export Control Laws. All applicants will be required to confirm their U.S. person or non-US person status. All information collected in this regard will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws, and will be used in full compliance with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of national origin and other factors. For positions at Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Stations (PVNGS) all openings will require applicants to be a U.S. person.
Pinnacle West Capital Corporation and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Pinnacle West”) provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
Job Title: Engineer III/Senior - Intelligent Grid Operations (IGO)
Job ID: 20170869
Full/Part Time: Full-Time