WEC Energy Group Associate Engineer/Engineer/Sr Engineer (NERC) in United States
Job TitleAssociate Engineer/Engineer/Sr Engineer (NERC)
Business UnitPower Generation
External Job ResponsibilitiesThe NERC Reliability compliance engineer is the subject matter expert for NERC Operations and Planning regulations and is responsible for management of the compliance program for the Power Generation Business Unit across WE, WPS, and UMERC. This position is in the PG Technical Services Group and would preferably be headquartered in the Milwaukee offices, however an alternate headquarter location in the Green Bay offices would be considered.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Daily management and administration of the PG NERC compliance program:
• Team leader for PG NERC compliance team which is comprised of 6 Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) for WE and WPS.
• Conduct bi-weekly team meeting to review the status of the compliance activities and cover various NERC topics and items that affect PG.
• Monitor and ensure completion of work performed for each control activity.
• Assist in the review of applicable program/policy/procedure updates and changes.
• Manage Reliability Standard Audit Worksheets (RSAW) & attachment updates.
• Compile and review compliance evidence created to support each of the control activities completed and file in the records management system.
Interface and act as the PG liaison on NERC compliance issues with the plant electrical engineers, members of our Federal Regulatory group, members of Wholesale Energy & Fuels, Customer Operations and Electric System Operations on an as needed basis.
Participate in the Power & Control System Portfolio team bi-monthly meetings which include covering and reviewing various NERC compliance topics for PG.
Follow-up and verify that acceptable and completed corrective action is taken for any potential violation(s) and corrective action plan(s).
Coordinate and provide PG responses for various data requests and surveys from NERC, Reliability First and MISO.
Manage the PG periodic data submittal self certification process for various NERC standard requirements as directed by Reliability First (RF).
Provide periodic updates on the state of the program and standard changes to the Director of Engineering, at the Chief Engineers meeting, and at the Plant Operations Team meeting.
Continual review of various NERC/RF documents (new standard requirements, existing standard changes, industry lessons learned, NERC alerts, registered entity potential violations, etc.) to ensure any items that will applicable for PG are incorporated into the program.
Participate on the open monthly RF compliance call as We Energies/WPS representative and share pertinent information to the NERC compliance team.
Attend at least one of the two annual RF workshop/conferences and bring back pertinent information for our NERC compliance team to improve our processes/procedures/methods.
Manage and coordinate any RF audit and/or applicable guided self cert requests for PG.
Education/Experience RequirementsCandidates must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (electrical, computer, chemical, mechanical, civil or any other related engineering degree).
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Understanding of the NERC regulations and working knowledge of compliance strategies.
• Experience in compliance program development and project management.
• Experience in development and documentation of policies and procedures.
• Ability to plan and carry out responsibilities with minimal direction and supervision.
• Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic, tactical and operational level.
• Strong capability to build and maintain effective relationships with We Energies executives and management team, Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), and with industry counterparts.
• Must be comfortable with a fast-paced environment that requires handling multiple tasks simultaneously, ability to prioritize and engage in long-range planning necessary.
• Experience in electric utility and/or power generation is preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
We will consider applicants without an engineering degree but with significant experience and expertise for a specialist position.