Arizona Public Service Administrative Coordinator - Yuma in United States
Arizona Public Service has an opportunity for an Administrative Coordinator in Yuma, AZ who will provide administrative support in a variety of assignments for multiple areas. Successful candidate will work with department leadership to coordinate schedules, prepare presentations and develop analytical reports. Our Coordinator will create and update various department spreadsheets and databases. Candidate must provide exceptional customer service by eagerly assisting others to meet their objectives, have a willingness to work extended hours from time to time, be self-motivated, and demonstrate the ability to maintain trust and confidentiality.
Our selected candidate will have a High School graduate, and three years’ experience in an administrative position or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Must have advanced skills and demonstrated experience in PC, HTML, Windows, and MS Office applications including presentation, spreadsheet and database applications
- Strong organizational skills and previous administrative experience in a multi-task role with strong attention to detail skills within a fast paced and changing business environment is essential
- Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills dealing with external clients are a must
- Must live in the Yuma area
Testing: EEI SASS test will be administered.
- Independently coordinates, administers or implements specialized company programs/services/projects or processes to support the functions of the department, which may involve multiple processes, various internal and external contacts, document preparation and organizing the activity of others to achieve certain objectives, including meeting and/or travel arrangements. Ensures information needed for such events are complete and accurate.
- Utilizes appropriate computer software to independently create and maintain routine to advanced generated documents, schedules, spreadsheets, flowcharts, graphs, timelines, tables or reports. Tracks and prepares department reports and presentations, ensuring prompt and accurate processing.
- Performs projects requiring independent research, coordination of multiple sources or control of work flow; may serve as backup for leader or others in the department performing a variety of duties to support department goals and objectives, ensuring items needing action receive the appropriate attention.
- Provides general to extensive technical support to the department performing a variety of duties such as data analysis, calculations, research and problem resolution; creating and modifying queries to run and produce information; creating programs to transfer data; providing system support for users; performing LAN and/or database administration; designing and building databases, establishing standards & procedures, performing system maintenance, coordinating conversions, runs parallel tests, obtains information for updates, and monitors for consistency, as necessary.
- Provides general to extensive administrative support to department performing a variety of duties such as typing, mailings, faxing, check requests, expense statements, working fund drafts, petty cash, billing invoices, processing department credit card statements, answering phones, greeting customers, ordering supplies or repair of equipment, responding to inquiries, and attendance records.
- Provides the highest level of front-line customer service in communicating and providing guidance on procedures, instructions, practices and regulations; resolving routine, difficult or unusual problems and monitoring status to ensure resolution; obtaining materials; and responding to inquiries by researching information, from various sources, as needed.
- Trains and support employees on office procedures and duties and specific software and other enterprise-wide computer applications.
- Recommends cost effective and productivity changes, and implements approved changes to improve work processes or ensure goals are met within the department.
- Maintains highly confidential, time sensitive or hazardous material or information
This position may require access to and/or use of information subject to control under the Department of Energy's Part 810 Regulations (10 CFR Part 810), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) (15 CFR Parts 730 through 774), or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) (22 CFR Chapter I, Subchapter M Part 120) (collectively, "U.S. Export Control Laws"). Therefore, some positions may require applicants to be a U.S. person, which is defined as a U.S. Citizen, a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), a Political Asylee, or a Refugee under the U.S. Export Control Laws. All applicants will be required to confirm their U.S. person or non-US person status. All information collected in this regard will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws, and will be used in full compliance with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of national origin and other factors. For positions at Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Stations (PVNGS) all openings will require applicants to be a U.S. person.
Pinnacle West Capital Corporation and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Pinnacle West”) provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
Testing Information & Contact
Tests are only administered to referred candidates. More information about our tests and the testing process is available throughwww.aps.com/careers and then clicking on the careers drop down link, select "Pre-employment Testing".
- A written (paper/pencil) test will be administered - SASS - Support and Adminstrative Selection System
E-mail will be the method of contact with job applicants for test scheduling. Please be sure to check your e-mail regularly so that you receive scheduling notifications for testing and updated job information.
Job Title: Administrative Coordinator - Yuma
Job ID: 20170600
Full/Part Time: Full-Time