Arizona Public Service Accounting Technician in United States
SUMMARY: Be responsible for the functional operation and control of an assigned system or process. Train and direct Clerks and Specialists in verifying, analyzing and reconciling assigned accounting records; and in preparing complex billings, reports or accounting entries.
- An Associate's Degree or three (3) years of accounting experience and a demonstrated knowledge of general accounting practices and guidelines.
- Ability to coordinate projects and utilize effective communication with multiple internal and external customers.
- Possess excellent computer skills including the ability to research, organize and report data in various Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Access.
To be successful in this role:
- Provide Customer service to employees researching and resolving pay discrepancies, process various payroll transactions.
- Assist with monthly bi-weekly payroll processing
- Ability to handle high volume of calls and correspondence
- Work well under pressure and be able to meet tight deadlines
- Payroll or accounting experience and knowledge of general accounting and payroll practices and guidelines
MAJOR ACCOUNTABILITIES: 1. Ensure proper operation and control of an assigned accounting system or process in accordance with departmental policies and procedures.
Direct and assist in the compiling of data, calculation and preparation of more complex financial reports, billings, journal vouchers, payroll/earnings, etc.
Direct and assist in the analysis, reconciliation and maintenance of complex accounts, work orders, reports, projects, etc.
Communicate with company and non-company personnel to resolve problems, obtain or provide information, make capital vs. O&M; decisions, advise proper accounting numbers and instruct compliance with company policies and procedures.
Direct, train and lead clerks and specialists as necessary to ensure accurate and timely completion of assigned work.
Resolve problems and initiate accounting entries or action as appropriate.
This position may require access to and/or use of information subject to control under the Department of Energy's Part 810 Regulations (10 CFR Part 810), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) (15 CFR Parts 730 through 774), or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) (22 CFR Chapter I, Subchapter M Part 120) (collectively, "U.S. Export Control Laws"). Therefore, some positions may require applicants to be a U.S. person, which is defined as a U.S. Citizen, a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), a Political Asylee, or a Refugee under the U.S. Export Control Laws. All applicants will be required to confirm their U.S. person or non-US person status. All information collected in this regard will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws, and will be used in full compliance with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of national origin and other factors. For positions at Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Stations (PVNGS) all openings will require applicants to be a U.S. person.
Pinnacle West Capital Corporation and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Pinnacle West”) provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
Job Title: Accounting Technician
Job ID: 20170608