NextEra Energy Environmental Specialist - N Chemistry Analyst Senior IB2150 in Two Rivers, Wisconsin
Environmental Specialist - N Chemistry Analyst Senior IB2150
Date:Sep 5, 2017
Primary Location:Two Rivers, WI, US, 54241
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 11962
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description We are hiring a Environmental Specialist with the ability to perform comprehensive environmental due diligence reviews, assist with facility compliance audits, and conduct environmental licensing and permitting activities. Conduct routine environmental construction compliance self-inspections in the field. Ensures the company's compliance with environmental requirements, and resolves environmental matters. Ensures plant chemistry/radiochemistry operations are within prescribed regulatory and operating limits. Preserves plant system and equipment reliability by performance analysis, projects, procedure development, revision and review, performance improvement, and corrective action. Prepares, studies and plans for projects having direct effect on O and M, capital expenses and plant equipment. Supports plant and personnel safety, human performance, performance improvement, quality assurance and corrective action programs in day-to-day activities.
This job performs chemistry/radiochemistry work requiring application of sound and diversified knowledge of chemistry techniques, procedures, and principles and criteria. Employees in this role apply advanced technical expertise to projects and problems to develop and refine new approaches to Chemistry programs and systems. Individuals use advanced techniques, theory development, concepts and practices to solve complex problems.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures plant chemistry/radiochemistry operations are within prescribed regulatory and operating limits
- Preserves plant system and equipment reliability by performance analysis, projects, procedure development, revision and review, performance improvement, and corrective action
- Monitors water treatment (reactor and auxiliary systems), make-up water, chemical and waste treatment systems and any other plant systems/ components requiring chemistry monitoring and support
- Coordinates and direct the planning, development, and implementation of a variety of chemistry projects
- Conducts the analysis of technical data to monitor plant/system chemistry indicators, identify requirements, problems and solutions
- Prepares studies and plans for projects having direct effect on O and M, capital expenses and plant equipment
- Supports plant and personnel safety, human performance, performance improvement, quality assurance and corrective action programs in day-to-day activities
- Provides technical direction if necessary to less experienced chemistry personnel and functions as project lead
Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualification
- Experience: 6+ years
Ability to satisfy all Company and Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) security requirements Preferred Qualification
Bachelor's - Sciences
- Master's - Other Sciences
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Environmental/Chemistry/Rad Protection Organization: NextEra Point Beach (0049) Location: Two Rivers, Wisconsin Other Work Locations: Wisconsin Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Nearest Major Market:Green Bay Nearest Secondary Market:Appleton Job Segment:Nuclear, Energy