NextEra Energy Sr Contract Specialist - Dsbn in Tulsa, Oklahoma
Sr Contract Specialist - Dsbn
Date:Jun 16, 2017
Primary Location:Tulsa, OK, US, 74119
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 9119
Trinity Operating is an independent oil and natural gas company engaged in the exploration, development and production of oil and natural gas from onshore properties within the U.S.
Position Specific Description We strengthen and engage our greatest asset - our people!
Key Accountabilities And Responsibilities
- Develops effective relationships with internal business leaders to understand business requirements, to forecast demand, and verify established contracts are effective.
- Develops collaborative relationships with suppliers to ensure optimum delivery quality and sustained performance in line with business objectives.
Supports Business unit and Integrated Supply chain teams to provide insight into the regional drilling activities. Sourcing Strategy and Planning
Develops and executes sourcing activities contributing to the Asset/Project Supply Sourcing Plan.
- Collects requirements and analyze key data inputs from multiple sources (internal and external) in order to provide Integrated Supply chain informaiton to build robust category and sourcing strategies, and cost models.
- Develops category strategies that minimise supply risk to the business, optimise cost and contribute to process efficiency and effectiveness
Validates category strategies and contract coverage to support the Business Strategies, Plans and executes portfolio of sourcing projects enabling category strategies and manage on-time delivery minimising disruption to the business operations. Tender and Contract Management
Collaborate in developing, publishing and managing tenders and their commercial evaluation in line with sourcing project objectives.
- Coordinates the technical and any other non-commercial evaluation of tenders prior to negotiation.
- Collaborate in negotiations with suppliers post tender evaluation.
- Creates, manages and monitors scopes of work, RFP and pricing sheets.
- Collaborate in developing cost optimization strategies that deliver cost savings.
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Operations Organization: Trinity Operating, LLC. (0060) Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma Other Work Locations: Oklahoma Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-888-845-9731 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
#LI-KR1 Nearest Major Market:Tulsa Nearest Secondary Market:Oklahoma