UNS Energy Corporation Network and Telephony Administrator I, II, III or Senior in Tucson, Arizona
UNS Energy Corporation, headquartered in Tucson, Arizona, is a subsidiary of Fortis Inc., the largest investor-owned electric and gas distribution utility in Canada. UNS Energy Corporation’s public utility subsidiaries, Tucson Electric Power Company, UNS Electric, Inc. and UNS Gas, Inc., provide electric and gas service to customers in southern and northern Arizona. For more information about UNS Energy Corporation, visit http://www.uns.com.
Tucson Electric Power provides safe, reliable electric service to approximately 414,000 customers in Southern Arizona. Although our company has been in business for more than 120 years, we continue to look for innovative ways of providing value, comfort, convenience and security to our customers every day. We’re evaluating cutting-edge energy technologies, reshaping our energy portfolio and expanding our renewable power and energy-efficiency programs. While our line of work can be challenging, it can also be rewarding. Our team of dedicated professional’s values engagement, enthusiasm, innovation and collaboration.
In return, TEP offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes a 401k plan with a generous company match, a company-sponsored pension plan, tuition reimbursement, life insurance, long-term disability insurance and much more.
We are currently seeking a talented individual for the position of Network and Telephony Administrator I, II, III or Senior. The successful candidate will be responsible for the design, planning, testing, implementation, and administration of the network and telephony infrastructure at UniSource. Participates in a team environment that provides cost-effective network and telephony IT services to the various business units. Works closely with other areas to insure optimum reliability and cohesiveness.
- Provides second-level support for the Computer Support Center in regards to the LAN/WAN/MAN and corporate telephony systems.
- Engineers, implements, and maintains network and telephony solutions for UniSource and its subsidiaries with an emphasis on integration between companies and flexible solutions that are cost-effective and scalable.
- Documents physical and logical maps of the infrastructure as well as defines and follows standards and procedures in relation to the network and telephony infrastructure and their constituent devices
- Ensures security is maintained on the network and telephony systems by utilizing security best practices and working with IS Security to implement, configure, and troubleshoot security devices such as firewalls and intrusion detection systems. Ensures network and telephony software is patched per security regulations.
- Works with internal and external auditors to implement relevant regulatory controls, e.g. Sarbanes-Oxley, on network and telephony systems
- Ensures change control processes are followed and service levels affected by those changes are maintained
- As requested, works with UNS Operations groups, such as Metering, to engineer and implement corporate interoperable networks.
- Works with Communications Engineering and C&M; to engineer and maintain corporate connectivity to substations and other operational areas requiring corporate network resources.
- Works closely with Customer Care Center to engineer and support technology solutions such as Automatic Call Distribution and Interactive Voice Response.
- Leads or participates in IT projects as needed to provide network or telephony expertise, guidance, or training
- Evaluates vendor products and services to ensure a solid hardware and software platform for the network and telephony infrastructure
- Measures performance of network and telephony infrastructure and takes appropriate actions to ensure that performance meets client needs
- Works with internal and external project managers as necessary to complete projects and efforts on time
- Works with telecom vendors to procure and maintain corporate telecom services
- Manages the maintenance and operations of corporate Data Centers and wiring closets per industry best practice and audit regulations
- This position may provide services to affiliates of the Company subject to the UNS Energy Code of Conduct and the related Policies and Procedures.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
(Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.)
Network and Telephony Administrator Level I
*Minimum Qualifications *
- Enterprise networking aptitude, focusing on Cisco products, with general understanding of telephony technologies is required.
- Effective written and oral communication skills are required plus a willingness to learn in a rapidly changing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science or related discipline is preferred.
- Two or more years in an IT related discipline is preferred.
Network and Telephony Administrator Level II
- Requires the qualifications for a Network & Telephony Administrator I plus a corporate network or telephony background.
- Assists more experienced administrators on projects and deals with day to day support.
- Requires self-direction and the ability to work with vendors on creating statements of work and completing that work.
- Requires Industry certifications (e.g. CCNA, CCNP, CCVP) or equivalent experience of 3-5 years in a network or telephony discipline highlighting knowledge of Cisco switching, routing, wireless, and WAN technologies.
- One or more years of experience maintaining Cisco IP Telephony and Unified Messaging systems is preferred.
*Network and Telephony Administrator Level III *
- Requires the qualifications for a Network & Telephony Administrator II plus team leadership abilities.
- Requires industry certifications (e.g. CCNA, CCNP, CCVP) or equivalent experience of five or more years in a network and telephony discipline highlighting knowledge of Cisco switching, routing, wireless, and WAN technologies.
- Experience in creating budgets for projects and maintains accountability for the actual dollars charged to that budget.
- One or more years of experience administering Cisco IP Telephony and Unified Messaging is preferred.
*Network and Telephony Administrator Level Senior *
- Requires the qualifications for a Network & Telephony Administrator III and the ability to fully lead all network and telephony projects across the enterprise.
- Visionary that is proficient at all required network and telephony aspects and helps others to become more proficient through direct and indirect training.
- Requires industry certification (e.g. CCNA, CCNP, CCVP) or equivalent experience of seven or more years in a relevant network discipline highlighting Cisco switching, routing, wireless, and WAN technologies.
- Experience in completing projects and providing strategic direction on how the network and telephony infrastructure should evolve.
- Experience with assisting in setting corporate Disaster Recovery systems for Network and Telephony infrastructure.
- Two or more years of experience administering Cisco IP Telephony and Unified Messaging is preferred.
Company: Tucson Electric Power
Location: Tucson, AZ
Job Category: Information Services
Position Type: Unclassified