UNS Energy Corporation External Affairs Representative I - II in Tucson, Arizona
UNS Energy Corporation, headquartered in Tucson, Arizona, is a subsidiary of Fortis Inc., the largest investor-owned electric and gas distribution utility in Canada. UNS Energy Corporation’s public utility subsidiaries, Tucson Electric Power Company, UNS Electric, Inc. and UNS Gas, Inc., provide electric and gas service to customers in southern and northern Arizona. For more information about UNS Energy Corporation, visit http://www.uns.com.
Tucson Electric Power provides safe, reliable electric service to approximately 414,000 customers in Southern Arizona. Although our company has been in business for more than 120 years, we continue to look for innovative ways of providing value, comfort, convenience and security to our customers every day. We’re evaluating cutting-edge energy technologies, reshaping our energy portfolio and expanding our renewable power and energy-efficiency programs. While our line of work can be challenging, it can also be rewarding. Our team of dedicated professionals values engagement, enthusiasm, innovation and collaboration.
In return, TEP offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes a 401k plan with a generous company match, a company-sponsored pension plan, tuition reimbursement, life insurance, long-term disability insurance and much more.
We are currently seeking a talented individual for the position of External Affairs Representative. The successful candidate will work with internal and external stakeholders to represent the company’s interests in economic development and other policy issues. Serves as the company’s subject-matter expert on economic development and its advocate within public and private organizations engaged in economic-development activities. Plans and executes public outreach to community groups, public officials and other external stakeholders in support of corporate objectives.
Essential Functions: (As defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, these include the following responsibilities, minimum job knowledge, skills, and abilities. This is not necessarily an all-inclusive listing)
- Plan, develop and execute initiatives to foster business expansion in, or relocation to, the communities served by Tucson Electric Power (TEP) and UniSource Energy Services (UES).
- Collaborate with key representatives in various economic-development agencies to help develop and execute strategies and tactics in support of local job growth and business expansion.
- Build external support for corporate objectives through targeted, strategic public outreach and long-term collaboration on community-based committees, boards and/or working groups.
- Maintain broad, current knowledge of corporate operations, practices and strategic objectives to support service as a corporate spokesperson with external stakeholders in settings that may include private meetings, group discussions and public speeches.
- In Tucson, help ensure that the Sun Corridor Inc. Economic Blueprint Update (2016) is the primary driver of the community's economic development activities, and that other agencies' plans and activities are in alignment with the Blueprint Update.
- Act as a liaison between economic-development agencies and the company to facilitate the flow of information and the fulfillment of specific requests by agencies for support in recruitment efforts.
- Cultivate a professional network of public- and private-sector representatives who have a stake in economic development, and who may be valuable allies in future economic-development opportunities. Join, participate and contribute to relevant professional associations.
- Research and keep up on best practices for utility-company economic-development programs and initiatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- This position may provide services to affiliates of the Company subject to the UNS Energy Code of Conduct and the related Policies and Procedures.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
(Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered)
*External Affairs Representative Level I Minimum Qualifications *
- BA/BS Business, Communications, Public Administration or a related field is preferred.
- Two or more years of relevant experience.
- Outstanding Communication skills (speaking, listening, writing)
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Proficient with computer hardware and software for basic business applications.
*External Affairs Representative Level II Minimum Qualifications *
Minimum above qualifications as well as:
- Five (5) or more years of relevant experience.
- Strong working relationships with relevant external stakeholders gained through public service or external affairs work on behalf of other clients/companies.
- Certified Economic Developer.
Company: Tucson Electric Power
Location: Tucson, AZ
Job Category: Government Relations
Position Type: Unclassified