Arizona Public Service Nuclear Project Manager-Engineering Projects in Tonopah, Arizona
SUMMARY: The Nuclear Project Manager leads and manages all phases of business unit, cross-functional or enterprise-wide projects including initiation, planning, execution, monitoring and closure. Manages multiple projects typically lasting one or more years, with project teams of more than ten people and involving multiple internal departments and/or external stakeholders. Manages project resources across the station with project budgets typically $2,000,000 to $25,000,000 and project scopes identified as high complexity as defined within the APS Project Complexity guidelines. Develops comprehensive execution plans. Communicates status updates and results to senior executives, enterprise-wide stakeholders and, at times, external stakeholders.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: A four-year Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Information Systems or other job-related field from an accredited college or university plus eight (8) years' project management experience. PMP certification required. In lieu of bachelor's degree, combination of college coursework and/or project management experience equaling 12 years required. Success in managing multiple medium to large scale projects simultaneously. Extensive understanding of project management processes, principles and methodologies. Comprehensive functional/technical knowledge of the nuclear business, practices and procedures. Strong critical thinking and creativity skills along with the ability to exercise sound judgment by making decisions based on accurate and timely analyses. Proven ability in directing multi-discipline teams. Demonstrated leadership, project management and organizational skills. Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication, negotiation and people management skills. Adapts to changing environment, shifting priorities and uncertainty.
Nuclear requirement: Any PVNGS employee may be called upon to serve as a member of the Emergency Response Organization (ERO) and will be expected to fulfill their obligation as an ERO member. This is a condition of employment at PVNGS. Roles and Responsibilities defined in Policy 1503 and implementing policy guide are applicable to all PVNGS employees.
Any PVNGS employee may be called upon to support a refueling or short-notice outage. This includes line roles and responsibilities as necessary to execute outage activities.
This position may require access to and/or use of information subject to control under the Department of Energy's Part 810 Regulations (10 CFR Part 810), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) (15 CFR Parts 730 through 774), or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) (22 CFR Chapter I, Subchapter M Part 120 ) (collectively, U.S. Export Control Laws). Therefore, this position requires applicants to be a U.S. person, which is defined as a U.S. Citizen, a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), a Political Asylee, or a Refugee under the U.S. Export Control Laws. All applicants for this position will be required to confirm their U.S. person status. All information collected in this regard will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws, and will be used in full compliance with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of national origin and other factors.
MAJOR ACCOUNTABILITIES: 1) Plans, monitors and manages all aspects of large scale projects including initiation, planning, execution, monitoring and closure in accordance with internal process methodologies and PMI fundamentals.
2) Addresses INPO 12-013 Project Management Performance Objectives and Criteria (PO&C;) throughout the project life-cycle.
3) Leads or coordinates project planning, resourcing, staffing, progress reporting, people management, vendor relationships and troubleshooting. Negotiates to obtain team members and resources. Develops and presents comprehensive project plan to project sponsors, management, executives and external stakeholders. Obtains all necessary internal and external support and approval.
4) Ensures project risks are assessed throughout the project life-cycle and prioritized relative to probability and consequence. Develops budget and implements action plans to mitigate risks.
5) Monitors to ensure completion according to project plan (i.e. scope, schedule, budget). Monitors performance and recommends schedule changes, cost adjustments or resource additions. Ensures project results meet requirements regarding quality, reliability, schedule and cost.
6) Oversees schedules and directs multidisciplinary team resources. Ensures that materials and equipment are delivered on time.
7) Ensures project critiques are performed with the project stakeholders upon project completion. Identifies, documents, tracks to completion and communicates improvement actions and good practices both internally and externally.
8) Provides timely and accurate information and status updates to project teams, business management, project sponsors, executive leadership and external stakeholders.
This position may require access to and/or use of information subject to control under the Department of Energy's Part 810 Regulations (10 CFR Part 810), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) (15 CFR Parts 730 through 774), or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) (22 CFR Chapter I, Subchapter M Part 120) (collectively, "U.S. Export Control Laws"). Therefore, some positions may require applicants to be a U.S. person, which is defined as a U.S. Citizen, a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), a Political Asylee, or a Refugee under the U.S. Export Control Laws. All applicants will be required to confirm their U.S. person or non-US person status. All information collected in this regard will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws, and will be used in full compliance with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of national origin and other factors. For positions at Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Stations (PVNGS) all openings will require applicants to be a U.S. person.
Pinnacle West Capital Corporation and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Pinnacle West”) provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
Job Title: Nuclear Project Manager-Engineering Projects
Job ID: 20170443
Location: Tonopah, AZ
Full/Part Time: Full-Time