DTE Energy Facility Technician in Three Rivers, Michigan
Location: Three Rivers, Michigan*
To safely operate and maintain a landfill gas (LFG) collection system and high btu gas processing facility in a manner which meets environmental regulations while optimizing the financial results of the project and customer satisfaction.
Work is performed under general or indirect supervision with results evaluated against achievement of set production and spending goals. Adherence to policies and procedures while exhibiting professional conduct and always using safe practices in an environmentally responsible manner is expected.
Perform accurate environmental data collection and reporting within the time requirements
Operate all equipment and manage all assets in such manner as to achieve objectives regarding operating expense and life of equipment meeting specific targets for:
a. Routine operating expense
b. Major maintenance expense
c. Gross operating expense
d. Landfill host satisfaction
a. Fewer than 30 hours of plant downtime per year caused by wellfield issues
b. Budgeted inlet volumes for the plant.
- Principal Duties and Responsibilities*
Conduct day-to-day operation, maintenance and repair of a LFG facility, LFG collection system and LFG delivery pipeline. Perform equipment inspections, testing and operational checks. Work is performed under general supervision of a Facility Manager.
Professional representation to landfill operator, customer, regulators, etc.
Implement small-scale construction projects
Efficient operation of LFG wells, gas collection system
Operate facility as defined by various contractual obligations, including the gas rights agreement and gas sales agreement
Perform minor electrical and mechanical repairs
Perform equipment inspections, test and operational checks
Collect oil, water, wastewater, gas and air samples for analysis
Collect LFG well flow data and make adjustments to optimize well flow as necessary
Investigate mechanical problems, recommend appropriate repair, replacement and enhancement
Support, assist and direct the work of contractors on-site
Maintain electronic facility logbook, highlighting activities and noteworthy events
Record operating data and maintain operating records including weekly production reports
Monitor for gas collection system regulatory compliance and maintain compliance records
Inspect landfill gas system collection system components for mechanical problems and make appropriate repairs
Diagnose and correct adverse gas field and plant conditions and malfunctions
Perform routine buildings and grounds maintenance and repairs
Maintain spare parts inventory and records
Maintain filing system for drawings, instruction books and manuals
Prepare preliminary annual operating budget
Make periodic forecasts of expected annual production and operating expenses
Implement the facility's Safety Procedures Manual and Job Site Conduct Book
Participate in monthly safety audits and inspections as identified in site safety manuals
Other tasks as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities*
A high school diploma, you must possess and maintain a valid, unrestricted state driver’s license and a clean driving record are required. A two year technical degree (Engineering Technology, Earth Sciences or similar) or a four year science degree (Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Geology or similar) are desired or an equivalent of work experience to provide for the following:
· Experience with landfill gas to energy industry or similar production process
· Familiar with gas processing and/or gas transportation
· Knowledge of mechanical, electrical and instrument control systems
· Knowledge of manufacturing equipment such as motors, blowers, controls and pumps
· Ability to perceive and analyze problems, develop solutions and make or recommend sound alternatives
· Experience with budgeting, construction, commercial agreements
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers, supervisor, management, customers, clients and vendors
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Professional demeanor effectively representing company in various circumstances
· Dedication to safe work practices
· Ability to efficiently handle competing priorities and tasks remaining organized to meet deadlines
· Ability to function within a matrix organizational structure which employees report to both business and functional leaders
· Basic computer skills and proficient with MS Office applications
/ Result oriented/
/ High standards/
/ Attention to detail/
/ Organization and planning/
/ Open to new ideas/
/ Receptive to constructive feedback/
- Physical Demands*
The physical demands characterized here epitomize those that must be met by an employee to properly perform the integral functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
In order to properly perform the integral functions of this job, the employee is routinely required to reach with hands or arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, feel and smell. The employee must be able to walk on shallow and steep slopes, sometimes in inclement weather. Frequently the employee will be required to stand, walk, and sit. It is crucial to the outcome of job tasks that the employee is able to use hands and fingers to handle and manipulate object as well as to talk and hear.
The employee in this classification will be required to frequently lift objects of up to 25 pounds in weight. Occasionally, the employee will have to lift or move objects of up to 50 pounds in weight.
Vision requirements for this position include close, distance and peripheral vision, along with depth perception.
- Working Conditions*
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions, including wet and/or humid conditions, and extreme cold and/or heat. The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and/or machinery. The noise level in the work environment is moderate. Most work is within the vicinity of a municipal solid waste disposal facility. Employee will routinely operate a motor vehicle and/or ATV style off road vehicle on unimproved terrain.
Employee will be required to respond to call-outs (plant upset conditions) within one hour during other than normal business hours and work unscheduled overtime and may occasionally be required to travel to other work locations using personal transportation (travel expense reimbursed within policy limits).
- DTE Energy is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.*
Requisition ID: 17762