City of Tacoma WA Strategic Asset Management Lead Analyst in Tacoma, Washington
Tacoma Power has a unique opportunity for an Asset Management professional in our new Strategic Asset Management group. This position will lead the planning and development of Asset Management Plans (AMPs) and asset strategies for all of Tacoma Power's critical assets, and will be involved in developing and applying a risk framework for the purpose of assessing and managing asset and organizational risk. This position is part of the centralized Tacoma Power Strategic Asset Management group that provides overall direction and guidance for the program with a Power-wide vision and long range planning and prioritization of efforts to advance the overall level of maturity for the organization and support implementation of Power's strategic plan.
We are looking for a pioneering leader with a strong technical background and experience in the use of asset management principles to support strategic and operational decision-making. The ideal candidate will be organized and detail-oriented, with experience leading teams and developing new processes.
You would be joining the Rates, Planning and Analysis team in Tacoma Power. Our culture values innovation, agility and collaboration. We are a collaborative team that is proud to deliver services beyond our customers' expectations. We are looking forward to meeting you and hearing the great ideas you have to help us make a difference in the way we work and thrive at Tacoma Power.
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Oversee and facilitate the development of Asset Management Plans (AMPs) for all Tacoma Power asset classes. Oversee the development and ongoing updates of effective asset management plans for implementing Tacoma Power's asset management strategy and delivering the asset management objectives.
- Facilitate the work teams' documentation and development of asset inventory for each class of assets, asset condition, level of service and performance, risk signature, maintenance strategies, repair/replacement models, financial forecasts, and tactical and work plans. Work with Tacoma Power organizational managers and staff to establish and oversee implementation of a prioritized schedule for AMP development
- Develop technical analysis to determine failure probabilities and optimal timing strategies. Apply whole life costing principles in application of models to analyze the costs, risks and benefits of capital and O&M; investment options.
- Define and manage asset risk management processes and procedures. Lead cross-functional teams to develop and implement the use of a Tacoma Power risk framework for consistent assessment of risk across all asset classes. Review and evaluate the accuracy of asset risk assessment work products from a variety of sources. Assist in defining and managing risk management processes and procedures.
Provide support to O&M; and Capital budgeting and planning with analysis using AMP and risk assessment results. Coordinate the consistent use of asset management analysis results across Power sections and work groups for planning and decision making purposes. City of Tacoma Recruitment One of the primary goals of the Equity and Empowerment Initiative is for the City of Tacoma workforce to reflect the community it serves. We actively work to eliminate racial and other disparities and welcome candidates with diverse backgrounds and/or multicultural skill sets and experiences. Our goal is for Tacoma to be an inclusive and equitable place to live, work, and play. Qualifications
Minimum five years of experience in development and implementation of asset management programs and practices
- A bachelor's degree in engineering, public or business administration, economics, planning or related field
- Electric utility experience and knowledge of electric utility equipment strongly desired
- Ability to lead cross-functional work teams in the development and implementation of asset management plans and asset maintenance strategies
- Demonstrated ability to effectively organize multiple assignments, complex assignments, and competing priorities to produce products that are accurate and on time
- Ability to accurately choose from and utilize a variety of mathematical and/or statistical techniques to formulate conclusions or solve practical problems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills Knowledge & Skills
Leadership and Facilitation Create and nurture a performance-based culture that sets objectives to align with the organizational mission and goals. Create strategies that show a clear connection between vision and action. Develop and lead cross-functional teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to solicit input and make decisions in support of asset management processes and strategic initiatives. Foster open dialogue and collaboration among team members while establishing common objectives and a shared mindset.
Technical Knowledge Working knowledge of ISO 55000 and other standards related to Asset Management are required.
Analysis Use data and information in a clear and rational process to assess and understand issues, evaluate options, form accurate conclusions, and make decisions. Make sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems. Ask the right questions to accurately analyze situations. Acquire data from multiple and diverse sources when solving problems. Uncover root causes to difficult problems and evaluate pros and cons, risks and benefits of different solution options.
Effective Communication Effective communication both verbal and in writing including the compilation of reports, presentations and records; developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences. Effectively communicate in a variety of settings; one-on-one, small and large groups, among diverse styles and position levels. Provide timely and helpful information to others across the organization. Encourage the open expression of diverse ideas and opinions.
Professionalism Conduct all assignments in a professional and timely manner, work with confidentiality and discretion. Work effectively through complex policy, process, and people-related organizational dynamics. Use a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into person strengths and weaknesses.
Selection Process & Supplemental Information
Interested individuals should attach a resume and cover letter that includes major responsibilities and accomplishments related to this position.
An initial review of applications will be on June 30, 2017.
Applicants who have the strongest background related to the responsibilities of this position may be invited to participate in one or more interviews. Appointment is subject to passing a background check.
If you have any additional questions regarding this position, please contact the Human Resources Department at 253.591.5400 before the closing date.
Salary: $105,747.20 - $135,636.80 Annually
Location: Tacoma, WA
Job Type: Non-Classified
Job Number: 5128-17
Closing: 7/7/2017 5:00 PM Pacific
Agency: City of Tacoma
Address: Human Resources Department 747 Market Street Tacoma, Washington, 98402-3764.