City of Tacoma WA Business Analyst II (Billing) in Tacoma, Washington
Come work for Washington's next tech center: the bustling City of Tacoma. This is a wonderful opportunity to contribute to a team dedicated to investing in the future of technology, using tech to better the community and integrating it into several other projects.
We are seeking an SAP Business Analyst II with experience in SAP ISU CCS Billing and a strong familiarity with BPEM (Business Process Exception Management) and/or EMMA (Enhanced Message Management). You will become the go to person for the billing process with the City of Tacoma and will be responsible for city utility rates as well as invoicing. This will be an exciting opportunity for a fast-paced environment with plenty of opportunities to learn while covering numerous medium to large sized projects with the city.
WHY WORK FOR THE CITY? Leave behind negative notions of government work; they couldn't be further from the truth. Working for the government is an enriching opportunity to work with people who are passionate about making a real, tangible difference. You'll be surrounded by innovative leaders working on a variety of issues during a formative time in Tacoma's development. In addition, you will feel satisfied knowing that your job truly matters, and has a positive impact on local communities.
The City of Tacoma also has a very generous benefit package with one of the best pension packages in the market. These generous employee benefits include:
- Medical coverage for eligible employees, spouses and dependents, including children up to age 26.
- Vision care with VSP for employees and eligible dependents enrolled in the Regence PPO medical plan with vision benefits.
- Dental coverage for eligible employees and their eligible dependents, including dependent children up to the age of 26.
- Deferred compensation allowing tax-deferred savings as authorized under Section 457 of the IRS Code.
- Generous amount of paid holidays and personal time off.
- A phenomenal pension plan that prepares you for retirement.
For more information on the City of Tacoma's benefit package feel free to explore City of Tacoma Benefits.
City of Tacoma Recruitment The City of Tacoma wants to employ a workforce that reflects the community we serve. We actively work to eliminate racial and other disparities and we welcome candidates with diverse and/or multicultural skill sets and personal experiences. Our goal is for Tacoma to be an inclusive and equitable place to live, work, and play.
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, business, or public administration or a related field and three years of consultative experience in IT analysis, system maintenance or troubleshooting/problem resolution.
- At least one year of functional experience within desired technological platform and specialty is desired.
- At least three years of functional experience within desired technological platform and specialty is desired. Previous experience in SAP ISU CCS Billing is helpful to be successful in this role.
- A deep understanding of how SAP is configured and how the business process works as it relates to SAP.
If you do not have SAP ISU CCS Billing experience, your ability to learn and get up to speed is critical. LICENSING, CERTIFICATIONS AND OTHER LEGAL REQUIREMENTS:
Depending upon assignment a WA driver's license may be required.
- Individuals may have to pass a background check depending upon assignment.
- Additional licenses or certifications may be required based upon assignment. Knowledge & Skills
A Business Analyst II with the City of Tacoma serves as a journey level functional analyst. Responsibilities include:
- Quickly get up to speed and learn processes for billing with the City of Tacoma.
- Serve as the "go to" person for the City of Tacoma's billing process.
- Manage the business process around budget billing, manual billing, and invoicing
- Maintaining City rates for utility services.
- Understanding our invoicing process, including how up to five different utilities bill and how rates correspond with final billing.
- Work with other Business Analysts on various studies regarding the City's bill process.
- Communicate clearly to business units and leads in both verbal and written form.
- Provide guidance and knowledge to both junior analysts and new hires.
- Support the identification and resolution of complex / innovative projects and operational issues.
- Write business process documentation and functional specifications, SAP configuration, execute testing and conduct User Acceptant testing.
- Eventually take on the full new configuration, lead workshops to educate team members and increase processes through configuration and customization changes within the system. Selection Process & Supplemental Information
Interested individuals should apply online and attach a detailed resume and cover letter detailing your roles and responsibilities as it relates to the position. NOTE: Applications received without the required resume and cover letter will not progress in the selection process.
Candidates who meet the minimum qualifications will have their responses to the supplemental questions evaluated by a panel of subject matter experts. These questions will be scored on the basis of information provided; therefore, it is the responsibility of the applicant to carefully list all pertinent experience and training related to this position. The evaluation committee may not have access to the candidate's application. Providing false information will result in disqualification. Candidates must pass this evaluation in order to be placed on the eligible list for interview and hiring consideration.
This position is covered by a Labor Agreement between the City of Tacoma and Local 120. An employee in this position will be required to join the union within 30 days of hire. New employees must successfully complete a nine-month probationary period prior to obtaining permanent status in this classification. Appointment is subject to passing a background check.
Communication from the City of Tacoma: We primarily communicate via e-mail during the application process. E-mails from cityoftacoma.org and/or governmentjobs.com must be placed on your safe domain list to ensure that you receive notifications in a timely manner. As a precaution, you may also want to check your junk e-mail folders. The online application system requires you to enter a substantial amount of information. Be prepared to spend an hour or more entering the required information. In order for your application materials to be considered, all information must be submitted before the closing date and time listed on this job announcement.
If you have any additional questions regarding this position, please contact the Human Resources Department at 253.591.5400 before the closing date.
Salary: $29.70 - $37.92 Hourly
Location: Tacoma, WA
Job Type: Classified
Department: Information Technology
Job Number: 0142-17
Closing: 7/28/2017 5:00 PM Pacific
Agency: City of Tacoma
Address: Human Resources Department 747 Market Street Tacoma, Washington, 98402-3764.