Westar Energy Wind Site Supervisor in </STRONG>Marienthal, United States
Title: Wind Site Supervisor
Job Number: REL0019
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
Wind Site Supervisor
DEPARTMENT: Central Plains Wind Site
$80,000 – $100,000
Scheduled Work Hours: Monday - Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Summary of Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
This position reports directly to the Central Plains Wind Site Manager and the selected candidate will supervise Wind Turbine Technicians contracted to perform scheduled and unscheduled repairs on industrial wind turbines using prudent utility and wind industry practices and in accordance with contractual agreements.
Additional duties will include supervising contactors and employees performing site Balance of Plant (BOP)maintenance and repairs to the O&M building, string roads, crane pads, fencing, met towers, communication systems, and computer networks as well as parts inventory, parts ordering, parts shipping & receiving, inventory security, stocking shelves, fork lift operation, and parts checkout within the CMMS.
- Provides guidance and oversight in troubleshooting and repairing Vestas V90 WTG’s.
- Performs Safety Observation Surveys on site workers and activities.
- Performs audits of maintenance activities on the WTG’s to ensure work quality/craftsmanship standards are complied with.
- Implements sound reliability practices and processes to include predictive technologies.
- Maintains store room and inventory. Performs store room tasks.
- Works as part of a team to develop site procedures, site policies, training programs, safety programs, and work practices.
- Submits monthly and quarterly NERC GADS compliance reports.
- Maintains the site within regulatory compliance of all federal, state, and local regulations and associated permits, including applicable safety, health and environmental regulations.
- Addresses site concerns from local, state, and federal agencies.
- Oversees and administers site computer hardware/software systems including the WTG SCADA system.
- Provides management and upper management with daily, weekly, monthly status reports as needed.
- Participates in the development of the annual O&M budget and supervises the site in accordance with the budget.
- Performs minor facility (BOP) maintenance.
- Performs high voltage switching operations; apply grounds, and LOTO in the substation.
- Performs weekly, monthly, and quarterly substation inspections.
- Performs HV switching in the substation/collection system and at the WTG’s.
- Performs minor maintenance and parts replacement on substation main transformer components.
Education and Experience:
A technical degree or engineering degree is highly preferred and prior experience with related operations and high voltage switching in a related technical environment is required. Prior supervisory or team leader experience required. Some related experience in industrial power generation or WTG maintenance with knowledge of the Vestas V90 platform to include electrical troubleshooting, maintenance requirements, and OEM upgrades and retrofits or related technical/engineering experience is required. Clipper C96 experience is a plus.
Candidates must be proficient in computer programs to include: Microsoft Office products with a strong emphasis on Excel, computerized maintenance management systems (WAM), plant SCADA systems (Vestas VOB, NetSupport), and possess basic IT knowledge
Additional Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Candidates must demonstrate an ability to work independently, a willingness to administer policies and procedures in a remote location with minimal oversight, have good oral and written communication skills, project supervisory skills, and experience in directing a team.
Working Conditions and Travel:
Candidates must be able and willing to climb 80 meter steel towers to fulfill the duties described herein. Some evening/weekend work is expected to include on call and must be willing to live within 45 minutes of the site.
Some travel and overnight trips to perform supervisory duties as a vacation relief for another wind site and travel to the corporate general office for meetings and training will be required.
Licenses, Certifications, Bonding and/or Testing:
Must possess a valid driver's license and a safe driving history. Must be able to obtain high angle rescue certification within one year of hire and maintain the certification.