NextEra Energy Repair Engineer Wind Component in Story City, Iowa
Repair Engineer Wind Component
Date:Oct 18, 2017
Primary Location:Story City, IA, US, 50248
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 12323
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description This position is a full-time engineer responsible for providing engineering support of repair and refurbishment of wind turbine mechanical and electrical components. Candidate will provide direct technical support to production team, interface with suppliers, and ensure a robust quality management system is in place.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide timely and accurate engineering support to Production regarding quality issues, measurements, and non-conformances for wind turbine mechanical and electrical components
- Ensure thorough and efficient documentation of failure modes and condition assessment findings
- Identify innovative processes for improving shop production process flow, data collection and analysis.
- Compile and analyze data to assess most efficient production process flows, including Measurement Systems, Cycle Time, Lean
- Resolve issues with suppliers regarding nonconforming material or other technical issues
- Develop and validate new repair procedures for mechanical and/or electrical components
- Six Sigma Belt, Lean, or ASQ CQE Certification
- Expert knowledge of Excel, Word
- Working knowledge of MS Access, Maximo Job Overview Employees in this role apply diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices to a broad variety of assignments and related fields. Individuals will use advanced techniques and modification and extension of theories, precepts, and practices.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Plans and conducts work requiring judgment in independent evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation/modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria
- Devises new solutions to problems encountered
Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications
Bachelor’s - Engineering
Experience: 2+ years Preferred Qualifications
Supervisor/Management Experience: 0+ years
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Engineering Organization: NextEra Operating Srvs (0038) Location: Story City, Iowa Other Work Locations: Iowa Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
#LI-KR1 Nearest Major Market:Ames Nearest Secondary Market:Des Moines Job Segment:Wind Energy, Energy