Eversource Energy Gas Controller - SHIFTS REQUIRED in Southborough, Massachusetts
Job Description Summary:
This position reports directly to the Manager of Gas Control. The Gas Controller is responsible for operating and monitoring the Massachusetts and Connecticut natural gas distribution systems and all other Control Room activities on a 24/7 basis. These activities provide a safe and reliable supply of natural gas to customers by operating the systems within the limits of applicable Federal, State and Company codes and standards. Gas Controllers also perform numerous support functions required by various organizations related to Gas Supply and Field Operations.
The Gas Controller is responsible for ensuring safe and reliable system flows, pressures, volumes, odorization rates and other operating parameters using the Company Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition System (SCADA). Position responsibilities include:
- Provide system ownership as the primary decision maker for the entire distribution system.
- Monitoring and controlling the gas distribution systems as required.
- Confirming system supplies with transmission pipelines using electronic bulletin board systems.
- Forecasting of daily system requirements and advising Gas Supply of changes.
- Managing gas supplies to ensure balance with system nominations.
- Managing, confirming, and balancing supply requirements for End User Transportation (EUT) customers on Pipeline Electronic Bulletin Boards (EBB’s) and LDC Manager’s Gas Select
- Functioning as the primary contact with interstate pipeline companies for Gas Control.
- Functioning as the primary contact with interruptible customers during curtailment periods.
- Logging all pertinent shift activity and updating relief personnel.
- Monitoring, controlling, and dispatching LNG .
- Assisting with Gas Control emergency response activity in accordance with CRM requirements.
- Review of all reports and logs provided by the SCADA system on a daily basis.
- Performing emergency call-outs.
- Work a 12 hour rotating shift
Requires technical knowledge in the area of natural gas transmission, distribution system configuration and gas regulator station /SCADA system operations. Should possess excellent communication skills, the ability to read mapping systems and an understanding of gas pressure and flow relationships, remote telemetering and control, applicable Federal and State codes, LNG operations, Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes, and GIS.
Associate’s Degree in a Business related Discipline is preferred.
5 to 8 years related work experience in an operational environment
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Who we are:
Eversource Energy (NYSE:ES), a Fortune 500 and Standard & Poor’s 500 energy company based in Connecticut, Massachusetts and New Hampshire, operates New England’s largest energy delivery system. Eversource is committed to safety, reliability, environmental leadership and stewardship, and expanding energy options for its 3.7 million electric and natural gas customers. We are a company dedicated to our customers, communities and employees. We know that our success depends on the best efforts of our engaged team- diverse, talented and dedicated individuals who take pride in their work, know and exhibit the value of teamwork and collaboration, and support each other in working safely every day.