Eversource Energy Director, Gas Maintenance in Southborough, Massachusetts
Job Description Summary:
This position is responsible for the management of all gas leak and non-leak maintenance activities including critical valves, corrosion, inactive services or gate boxes in Massachusetts and Connecticut. This position directs other mandated work including inspections, paving and regulatory consent agreements. This position partners with Engineering and Gas Distribution to ensure that projects are properly designed, budgeted, completed on time, meet all regulatory and safety requirements, as well as engineering and construction standards. Identifies opportunities for improving productivity; emergency restoration and customer relations
- Collaborates with other Gas Operations Directors in developing a robust, consistent and fully integrated framework of work practices ensuring the delivery of service excellence and best in class processes.
- Directs the examination of gas leaks and maintenance of gas facilities, potential corrosion and other mandated work through Eversource and contractor crews and ensures projects comply with, and are completed in accordance with, Eversource standards and approved project documents, established engineering practices, federal, state and local laws, and construction industry standards.
- Directs the development and implementation of Project Management standards and tools regarding gas leak examinations, gas facility maintenance and other mandated work in order to track and report on maintenance progress and control changes to ensure adherence to performance targets, schedules, budgets and meet customer expectations.
- Monitors key performance indicators, identifies trends and takes appropriate actions within his/her jurisdiction to improve performance across the entire maintenance process.
- Intercedes, as necessary, to ensure adherence to Eversource labor negotiated and vendor contracts, customer contractual agreements and compliance with industry and regulatory standards.
- Provides technical guidance to staff on emergency response protocol, gas facility maintenance and other mandated gas work as it relates to the safe and reliable inspection, installation and delivery to individual customers and communities.
- Acts as a lead Eversource representative developing and maintaining effective relationships with state agencies, municipalities, regulatory bodies and other key stakeholders in order to promote cooperation and partnerships regarding permitting, gas leak examinations, facility maintenance and other mandated maintenance work.
- Develops a vision for the Gas Maintenance area that is aligned with Eversource and Gas Operations objectives, promotes the growth and sustainability of a knowledgeable workforce necessary to support the delivery of Capex and Opex approved work plans.
- Works with other Eversource organizations, sponsors and champions to translate maintenance objectives into well defined business cases that grow and protect the gas business and support regulatory rate cases.
Requires thorough knowledge of gas maintenance standards, work practices and procedures, and safety requirements. Also requires knowledge of design and construction of gas distribution facilities and equipment, as well as the codes and regulations that govern the operation and maintenance of the gas distribution system. Requires knowledge of the theoretical and practical application of project management techniques, tools and software. Requires strong administrative, communication and leadership skills.
Education: Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, related discipline or equivalent experience. Master’s Degree or MBA preferred.
Experience: Minimum of twelve (12) years gas distribution, utility or technical experience.
Licenses & Certifications: None
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Who we are:
Eversource Energy (NYSE:ES), a Fortune 500 and Standard & Poor’s 500 energy company based in Connecticut, Massachusetts and New Hampshire, operates New England’s largest energy delivery system. Eversource is committed to safety, reliability, environmental leadership and stewardship, and expanding energy options for its 3.7 million electric and natural gas customers. We are a company dedicated to our customers, communities and employees. We know that our success depends on the best efforts of our engaged team- diverse, talented and dedicated individuals who take pride in their work, know and exhibit the value of teamwork and collaboration, and support each other in working safely every day.