PSEG Distribution Business System Project Leader in Somerset, New Jersey
Requisition ID: 38221
Job Function/Category: Project Management
Employment Type: Exempt Full Time
This is an exciting time to be joining PSEG. Our commitments, which include safety, integrity, customer focus, and diversity & inclusion, are the fabric of our culture and help drive the success of our business. We are fortunate to have an outstanding workforce of diverse and highly skilled talent who move us forward in our operational excellence journey. PSEG has more than 12,000 employees who are dedicated to the communities we serve and embody our vision: People providing Safe, Reliable, Economic and Greener Energy
This position resides in the Utility Technologies Department of the Asset Management & Centralized Services Organization.
Job Description: Lead a team to provide support for Utility Technology projects such as but not limited to: D-SCADA, DMS and ADMS.
• Lead a team to define business problems/opportunities, identifying high-level business requirements, RFI/RFP process, vendor selection, business case development and project staffing requirements
• Participate in the process to define and prioritize long and short term technology investments, initiatives and plans to support Utility’s ability to achieve safety, financial, reliability and customer satisfaction goals
• Ability to document discussions and create presentations from information gathered
• Review and provide comments on various project documentation requirements
• Document existing process flows and identify areas for process improvement
• Participate in FAT/SIT/SAT testing phases and validate business outcomes
• Define and document change management issues - present change management implementation plans to managment
• Develop testing plans and use cases for proper testing of implemented solutions
• Partner with Utility Business Systems Operations Managers to develop post-implementation operational support plans including proper resource allocation
• Individual must champion change, and lead by example to achieve desired results
• Establish policy and procedures for the proper and consistent use of these key business systems
• Evaluate performance and provide coaching for direct report MAST associates
• Provide support during storm emergencies
• Minimum 4 years of relevant experience
• Demonstrated knowledge of Utility business processes
• Demonstrated organizational, facilitation and analytical skills
• Skilled in MS computer applications
• Self-directed with a high level of initiative for focus and vision
• Strong understanding of GIS, DMS or equivalent business system
• Must have effective problem-solving and decision-making skills, strong planning and organizing skills, must be adaptable and be results-oriented
• Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must foster an inclusive work environment and respect all aspects of diversity
• Must demonstrate and value differences in others' strengths, perspectives, approaches, and personal choices
• BA degree in management or related field
• Supervisory experience
As an employee of PSE&G or PSEG Long Island, you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
This site ( http://www.pseg.com ) is strictly for candidates who are not currently PSEG employees. PSEG employees must apply for jobs internally through empower which can be accessed through the mypseg homepage by clicking on the employee center tab, then under the empower header, choose careers.
Business needs may cause PSEG to cancel or delay filling position at any time during the selection process
Public Service Enterprise Group (PSEG) is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment, including the hiring process, based on any legal protected characteristic. Legally protected characteristics included, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in locations where PSEG employs individuals.
Need to request an accommodation?
If you have a disability and need assistance submitting your resume, applying for a position or registering for a test, please call 973-430-3845. Any information provided regarding a disability will be kept strictly confidential and will not be shared with anyone involved hiring decision
Diversity at PSEG: Equal Opportunity Employer
PSEG is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes employment decisions, including but not limited to, hiring, firing, promotion, demotion, training, and/or compensation, on the basis of merit. Employment decisions are based on an individual’s qualifications as they relate to the job under consideration. PSEG's policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions, the actual sex of the individual, or the gender identity or gender expression), race, color, religion, including religious dress practices and religious grooming practices, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws, ordinances, or regulations.
Need to request an accommodation?
If you have a disability and need assistance submitting your resume, applying for a position or registering for a test, please call 973-430-3845. Any information provided regarding a disability will be kept strictly confidential and will not be shared with anyone involved in making a hiring decision.
PSEG is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors and co-workers.