NextEra Energy N Outage Coordinator in Seabrook, New Hampshire
N Outage Coordinator
Date:Sep 26, 2017
Primary Location:Seabrook, NH, US, 03874
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 14722
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description At NextEra Energy we have a passion for taking your career to the next level. Our talented employees are our biggest asset to continued success. If you are interested in joining a leading team for an industry leading Nuclear fleet, look no further. This role will be located at our Seabrook station site in NH.
Seabrook Station is located on 900 acres on the seacoast of southern New Hampshire. The plant is operated in a highly-responsible manner and is dedicated to protecting the environment while meeting the energy needs of New England. Seabrook Station is one of only a few nuclear power plants in this country that is ISO 14001 compliant, recognizing the plant’s leadership and excellence in environmental stewardship.
Below is a description of the duties you can expect in this role. In additional to the description listed below,the ideal candidate willproficient in Primavera 6 (P6) technology.Start your future now, apply today!
Job Overview Employees in this role review outage work requests and develop outage schedules to support outage execution that is safe, efficient, and complies with fleet and industry objectives, and supports predictable and reliable plant equipment operation.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Reviews outage work requests to assign resource levels, work type, work duration, work sequence, logic ties, performance urgency, work validity, and system windows
- Ensures activities are performed in a manner that preserves safe, reliable and predictable plant and equipment operation
- Performs mandated maintenance risk review
- Evaluates schedule duration threats and opportunities and develops contingency scenarios
- Develops detailed schedule fragments for high priority and risks significant work activities
- Develops contingency plans for circumstances that challenge scheduled activities
- Prepares forced or emergent outage schedules
- Integrates fleet maintenance plans, site outages, preventive and corrective maintenance and major administrative activities into the schedule to enable strategic planning
- Conducts or participates in meetings to support scheduling activities
- Provides technical direction to assigned schedulers
Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications
High School Grad / GED
- Experience: 7+ years
Nuclear Experience: 5+ years Preferred Qualifications
- Supervisor/Management Experience: 1+ years
- Senior Reactor Operator Certification
- Senior Reactor Operator License - SRO: Active, Inactive, or Prior
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Maintenance/Construction Organization: NextEra Energy Seabrook, LLC (0042) Location: Seabrook, New Hampshire Other Work Locations: New Hampshire Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Nearest Major Market:Boston Job Segment:Nuclear, Power Plant Operator, Reactor Operator, Energy