NextEra Energy N Engineer Senior (Valve Engineer) in Seabrook, New Hampshire
N Engineer Senior (Valve Engineer)
Date:Jul 25, 2017
Primary Location:Seabrook, NH, US, 03874
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 9524
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description The ideal candidate will have experience and exposure to the following:
- Valve engineering experience
- Valve- Motor Operated Valve Program Engineer – site support to Fleet Program Owner
- Valve – Air Operated Valve Program Engineer – site support to Fleet Program Owner
- Valve – Check Valve Program Engineer (both In-service Testing and INPO SOER 86-03) – site support to Fleet Program Owner
- Valve – Relief Valve Program Engineer (both In-service Testing and NEIL) – site support to Fleet Program Owner(s) Job Overview This job is responsible for performing engineering activities that support projects and operations across the nuclear business. Employees in this role apply broad nuclear plant engineering experience and principles to make decisions and recommendations. Individuals work with independence and have wide latitude to exercise judgment over technical solution development.
Job Duties & Responsibilities • Performs highly complex engineering tasks that require knowledge and experience with nuclear industry standards and regulations • Leads discussions in a group setting to resolve problems or coordinate design production • Applies nuclear industry standards and regulations to solve new problems and address situations • Serves as technical liaison within the nuclear business unit • Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications • High School Grad / GED • Bachelor's - Engineering • Experience:7+ years Preferred Qualifications • Master's - Engineering • Certified Professional Engineer (PE)
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Engineering Organization: NextEra Energy Seabrook, LLC (0042) Location: Seabrook, New Hampshire Other Work Locations: New Hampshire Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-888-845-9731 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Nearest Major Market:Boston Job Segment:Nuclear, Power Plant, Energy