MDU Resources Group Laborer/Flagger (Seasonal) in Sauk Rapids, Minnesota
To complete various laborer and small equipment operation tasks to produce quality asphalt paving
- General education, grammar and arithmetic, GED or high school diploma or equivalent
- Equipment maintenance & operation
- Ability to provide and maintain proper licensure, medical card and acceptable driving record.
How To Apply
Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law.
If unable to apply online, mail completed application to:4787 Shadow Wood Drive NE, Sauk Rapids, MN 56379.
Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background check.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Safely perform labor tasks including any of the following:
- Measures distance from grade stakes, drive stakes & stretch tight line.
- Signals operators of construction equipment to facilitate alignment, movement and adjustment of machinery to conform to grade specifications.
- Levels earth using pick or shovel (Aggregate or asphalt)
- Levels blacktop using lute.
- Raise manhole covers
- Performs flagging duties as needed.
- May operate small powered hand tools
- May operate small equipment including bobcat, tractor, or roller or move from one site to another.
- Safely and properly perform maintenance (lubricating, fueling and cleaning) and operate small equipment, such as bobcat, tractor, jackhammer, roller, pickup truck, air compressor, tractor/packer, steel drum or rubber tire roller
- Remove road joints
- Hook up and un hook small trailer to pick-up
- Fill sand bags
- Able to operate skidster for clean up of materials
- Able to drive truck/skidster trailer combination to transport skidsters and other equipment and material from site to site (CDL license)
- Communicate effectively (verbal, listening, written) and work with difficult people under high stress situations. Self-motivated, team-player with good interpersonal skills; ability to maintain positive customer relations & act courteous/respectful of others. Monitor and discuss production problems with co-workers and managers/supervisors.
- Ensure OSHA, safety and environmental regulation compliance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Company: Knife River - Central Minnesota Division
Location: Sauk Rapids, MN
Hiring Manager: Janelle L Adelman
Closing Date: 07/31/2017 at 11:59pm CDT
Job Type: Full-Time - Seasonal