San Diego Gas & Electric Project Manager - II in San Diego, California
Manage and direct large-scale, major projects or a large portfolio of projects within the department or business unit. Responsible for the development of work scope, budget, schedule, and resource requirements. Prepare, negotiate and approve contracts for contractors or consultants. Provides direction to a small group of direct reports (either internal or contract).
- Manage and coordinate all activities leading to the successful completion of projects including project scoping, timelines, cost estimates, document controls, process controls, and design for electric reliability budgeted projects. Develop and maintain project parameters for project requirements. Provide direction to contractors, consultants, and project team. Coordinates input from and participation with various other departments within the Company as needed to meet project objective. Organizations that PM will interface include Electric Regional Ops, Distribution Planning, Electric Distribution Engineering, Area Resource Scheduling, Construction Services, Land Management, Project Management, Environmental, Supply Management, etc.
- Analyze and determine regulatory impacts and requirements of the project. May build business cases and justifications for capital program enhancements. May also be utilized to map project workflow to better standardize current business processes and make recommendations on people, process, and technology enhancements.
- Responsible for providing team/project goals and evaluating performance. Research and evaluate available contractors and consultants. Prepare, negotiate and approve or recommend approval of contracts. Negotiate contracts changes.
- Manage related workforce planning, budget analysis, and prepare budget forecasts.
- Testify before and/or prepare supporting documentation for CPUC and other government agencies concerning cost estimates.
Performs other duties as assigned. External Qualifications:
Requires a Bachelor's in Engineering, Business or related and 6 years related experience or equivalent training and experience in a project management role, in a role involving system reliability, or in a role involving knowledge of the electric distribution system.
- An MBA or advanced degree is highly desirable. Project management knowledge required. Project management certification is preferred.
- Must be able to assess the potential financial impact of a project to the Company.
- Must possess the ability to review complex problems and propose innovative solutions.
- Must have strong communication skills and be able to negotiate a common set of priorities amongst various stakeholder groups with different interests.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.