San Diego Gas & Electric Applications Architect - SAP (Software Component Architect - SAP) in San Diego, California
Responsible for architecting SAP IS-U Customer Care solutions including; Billing, CRM, Device Management, Multi-Channel Contact Center, Smart Meter Integration and Reporting and Analytics. This position is specific to the 2017 Customer Information System project.
- Creates architectural views, solution designs, blueprints and key deliverables.
- Provides guidance and direction towards the design, testing, system integration and implementation of the solution architecture.
- Develops solution architecture definition and ensure that business and non-functional requirements are incorporated effectively.
- Drives alignment on architecture decisions and resolution of architecture challenges & issues.
- Identifies opportunities to transform business and system processes by leveraging standard SAP solutions.
- Ensures solutions align with Sempra standards, best practices, and design principles.
Performs other duties as assigned. External Qualifications:
Bachelor's degree in computer science, systems analysis, or a related study, or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years of experience in 2 IT disciplines in a client/server environment, including, but not limited to: technical architecture, network management, telecommunications, servers, portals, web applications, Java & .Net application development, middleware, database management, operations.
- ITIL or ITSM certification
- Strong demonstrable SAP experience including full end-to-end solution architecture development for Gas and Electric Utility implementations.
- Significant experience of architecting SAP IS-U Customer Care & Billing Solutions.
- A proven track record in the field of SAP Utilities Solutions e.g. CRM/CCS, ISU Billing, EDM Invoicing
- Ability to develop and maintain solution architecture documents, establish policies & standards
- Ability to translate business requirements into architecture designs, configurations & functional specifications
- Strong understanding of the SAP Data model and the HANA platform
- Experience with SAP integration capabilities including SAP-PI
- Experience applying SAP integration solutions across the utility application portfolio (i.e. OMS, DMS IVR, Work Order Management, etc.)
- Knowledge of overall IS-U data design end to end
- Ability to create and maintain strong working relationships with members of the delivery team and other support organizations
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to clearly communicate and share solutions
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written)
- TOGAF certification preferred
- Experience in architecture modeling (i.e. Archimate, UML)