Iberdrola USA Associate Engineer - Meter Services (RGE 48653) Rochester NY in Rochester, New York
Business and Department
RGE-NY-West Avenue Rochester,NY
Scope of Work - Main duties, settings, geography, reporting relationships, other relationships:
Uses prescribed methods, applies standard practices and techniques in the design and preparation of specifications or engineering related to meter engineering projects under limited supervision of the incumbent's immediate supervisor. Designs various electric and/or gas meter systems of moderate size and complexity under the direction of the incumbent's supervisor or other engineer.
MAJOR ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Scope of work - range of responsibilities):
- Performs engineering analysis and design of electric and/or gas metering systems to properly measure customer loads in order to ensure appropriate revenue billing, conducting troubleshooting analysis of metering scenarios and recommending corrective actions. Designs and specifies appropriate metering equipment for IPP, Generation, or Inter-utility Ties to ensure appropriate billing and specification compliance. Assists in the preliminary design and budgetary estimates of major projects.(25%,P)
- Assists in specifying technical aspects of meter equipment contracts, bid evaluation, recommendation of suppliers, and administration of contract terms and conditions. (10%, P)
- Checks completed job for adequacy or design and documentation. Aids in receiving, inspection and approval of equipment and materials. Performs economic analyses of engineering alternatives. Aids in evaluation and approval of contractors invoices.(10%,P)4. Ensure the Meter Lab equipment complies to all ANSI and PSC Standards, and responsible for ongoing maintenance and calibration. (10%,S)
- Select, evaluate and request equipment, materials, or services. Review vendor designs, assists in the evaluationand selection of vendors, determines product acceptability. Support the PSC approval process of all metering
equipment by providing test plans and witness testing for the NY PSC.(10%,S) 6. Acts as project engineer, when required, on projects. Serves as project coordinator on assigned projects. (10%,P) 7. Support AMI implementation by providing engineering support, testing, specification, and all support for metering and communication for AMI and MDM systems. (25%, P)
Education & Experience Required:
- Bachelors Degree preferred. Associates Degree with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience required.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
AVANGRID is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. AVANGRID shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company is committed to a policy in all of its employment practices of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability, religion, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or other protected status.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 877-387-9061 or email@example.com.
Company: Rochester Gas & Electric (RGE)
Department: Customer Service – Meter Services
Job Title: Associate Engineer – Meter Services
Reports to: Manager – Meter Services
Location: Rochester, NY (RGE-NY-West Avenue)
Cross Company Responsibility: Yes
Publication date: 29.06.2017